Forums » General discussion

(not provided) Google searches

So far I have been using Google Analytics and was content with it, but Google no longer provides keywords for users who are signed in. Instead of the searched keyword you see (not provided) in your Analytics account.

I would like to know if Clicky tracks keywords for Google users who are logged in?

Posted Tue Dec 27 2011 7:43a by and5r***

Nop, they can't.

Posted Tue Dec 27 2011 10:26a by streamb***

Does Clicky show (not provided) keywords so we can see how many of our site's searches are affected by this Google change?

Posted Tue Dec 27 2011 11:45a by bogleg***

We don't, although I am seriously considering adding this because we get a lot of support questions from people asking why some visitor's search string is blank. So we'll probably change it to the same as google, (Not provided)

Posted Tue Dec 27 2011 12:06p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

This is total BS on the part of Google! What gives.. this makes me genuinely angry. That is the reason I signed up for Clicky was to get more complete data. @Your Friendly Clicky Admin do you guys actually have access to this data...please explain more

Posted Thu Dec 29 2011 5:28a by stewa***

no we don't have access to it. no one does!

see this blog post from google:

http://analytics.blogspot.com/2011/10/making-search-more-secure-accessing.html

Posted Fri Dec 30 2011 1:01p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

I hope you guys, at least add (not provided) or something similar... too bad you guys don't have this data though

Posted Sat Dec 31 2011 5:30p by navi***

Just updated it so it will start logging the search as [unknown] if it's blank.

Posted Tue Jan 3 2012 11:29a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!