Forums » General discussion

Getclicky is a sleazy company

I recently had to switch my debit card and had to re-add my card for payment processing on getclicky. At which point they tried to charge me double per month to use the same service.

I contacted support (Noah) and he told me I would have to pay the new price. What?!

I switch my card on file and am forced to pay double now?

I thought there must be some miscommunication and I re-emphasized that I simply had to switch my card on file. He explained it did not matter I would have to pay the new price.

I will not be doing business with getclicky. There are free plugins such as Statpress and then of course Google Analytics which both do a great job.

Posted Sat Apr 28 2012 3:03p by Manwho***

....and posting about it multiple times with attention-seeking forum titles makes you better?

Posted Sat Apr 28 2012 4:25p by bigbuddab***

It serves a purpose. They need to make this right, and see the consequences of attempting such low-grade policies concerning customers. Would you rather this not be known and pushed under the carpet? We can see the repercussions of that everywhere.

Posted Sat Apr 28 2012 4:29p by Manwho***

I've used Clicky for well over a year now and Noah/support has ALWAYS (without fail) been extremely helpful. I've had to change my payment method as well and they walked me through the process, which does require making a new account (stats aren't lost) but their payment system is set up in such a way that doesn't allow changes like that to be made.

Posted Sat Apr 28 2012 5:36p by mjp01***

Hi, I had to get the debit card on file with you guys reissued with a new # and so my monthly payment didn't go thru. I went to add the new card and it wants to charge me 9.99 a month now? I was paying only $4.95 a month before.

Clicky Support [email protected]
2:26 PM (3 hours ago)

to Manwhore
That plan is not available anymore. So if it expired, then you won't be able to sign up for it again.

We recently raised our prices. In 2011 we went from 2 to 5 employees and we invested a lot of money in new hardware as well, so we felt it was finally time to increase prices a little bit.

We're still much much cheaper than the competition though. Please see this page for a comparison of features and pricing against all of our major competitors: http://getclicky.com/compare/

Bottom line, even with our new pricing, you'll still save between 33% and 85% vs anyone else.

Noah

Manwhore [email protected]
2:31 PM (3 hours ago)

to Clicky
Noah you've got to be kidding me. I switch my debit card and have to pay DOUBLE now?

Don't do this you'll lose a customer.

Clicky Support [email protected]
2:49 PM (2 hours ago)

to Manwhore
I don't have any other options unfortunately. You could sign up for the yearly Pro plan ($59.95/yr) which equals the same price you were paying before but in yearly installments. The old plans do not exist anymore, so if you fine with the yearly plan, it would be the closest option.

Noah

Posted Sat Apr 28 2012 5:38p by Manwho***

You're mad because you were forced to move from a discontinued plan to one that is currently offered? And the price you're angry about is $5/month vs $10/month? Grow up. It's just business plain and simple - products, services and pricings get updated all the time, as do the expenses the product owner has to consider. If I go to my typical coffee shop and a regular latte now costs $4.00 instead of $3.70 I don't write an article to the newspaper.

Posted Sat Apr 28 2012 7:34p by zen***

Dude I think you should actually be happy you where paying less under the radar for so long.

Posted Sat Apr 28 2012 9:09p by catchp***

No I'm not going to pay double just because I had to switch my payment card.

Posted Sat Apr 28 2012 9:20p by Manwho***

But you were paying less than what pretty much everyone else is having to pay, so really you're arguing that you should be given exclusive treatment just because they failed to correctly move you to the updated cost plan in the first place? You're the kind of pretentious customer no one wants anyway, your complaints are petty.

Posted Sat Apr 28 2012 11:52p by zen***

Do us a favor and grow up manwhore......taxi!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sun Apr 29 2012 1:12p by thesarge1***

This is ridiculous. Seriously $5 vs. $10???

You are free to choose who you do business with. No need to be an a**hole and spam Clicky's forums.

If you are concerned about $5 vs. $10 then you're clearly not making money from the sites you're tracking, and maybe would be far better off focusing on that and not on the $5 difference.

Grow up dude.

Posted Sun Apr 29 2012 1:21p by smath***

I can see it's hard to present this to a group of people who are used to paying $10. It's not an issue you can emphasize with. However the issue is still the same. To try to make me pay double because I had to switch payment cards is black and white. It is not good business.

Regardless, this will be going up on Wickedfire as well as Facebook. Cheers

Posted Sun Apr 29 2012 2:07p by Manwho***

Wickedfire is where it belongs really, enjoy your time there. And it's not an example of bad business. They are not trying to charge you double, they are intending to charge you the CORRECT price that everyone else is being charged. Trying to change cards just brought to light the fact you were paying less than you should have been, and less than other customers were, so really it's everyone else who has been treated unfairly, not you. Thank you for becoming a martyr in the pursuit of equality.

Posted Sun Apr 29 2012 2:37p by zen***

I was actually paying $80ish for a custom plan before these changes and now pay only $29.95. I consider it a win on my part. :)

Posted Sun Apr 29 2012 4:33p by jorda***

I'm very willing to pay more when my needs change and/or I need heightened information.

But to pay double for exactly the same thing just for switching a payment card is a horrible sales tactic. Seems some people are willing to overlook this simply because they've been paying the higher price the whole time.

Posted Sun Apr 29 2012 4:46p by Manwho***

I love clicky and I've been paying the $10/mo price for a while. I think manwhore has a point. This is a case of miscommunication by clicky about what actions would trigger an increase in price. Clicky should have raised the price on manwhore a while back and given him fair warning so he wasn't surprised when he experienced a price increase by simply changing his method of payment. I think clicky is right to demand the higher price, but they failed to communicate adequately with this customer.

Posted Sun Apr 29 2012 5:15p by mustard***

One more thought: I won't be changing my payment method anytime soon :)

Posted Sun Apr 29 2012 5:16p by mustard***

Yes I agree.

And for the time being, I think you're safe in changing your payment method ;)

Posted Sun Apr 29 2012 5:23p by Manwho***

I have to agree with Manwhore. To increase one's pricing just because you changed your method of payment is rediculous! I have a gym membership where I have had to switch credit cards, and my payments did not increase because of it! They periodically review their pricing plans, and if they need to increase pricing then they will inform me that their pricing will increace. In Manwhore's case, he was simply changing his method of payment and was never informed of increased pricing or that his pricing will increase. That is not a way to do business!

Posted Mon Apr 30 2012 7:32a by JBweb***

Perhaps there were better ways to communicate the change in your plan, but is it's a lean staff that works with it's members to improve the product. What lean company, or start up, doesn't encounter learning lessons? None that I know of. They provided you options and you turned them down. As I see it, calling the staff sleazy and owning a website called manwhore.org suggests your communication skills may need more help than GetClicky's.

Onward and upward.

Posted Mon Apr 30 2012 10:06a by ezprin***

I am with manwhore here. He is on a grandfathered plan and just because he needs to update his payment method, this should not force him onto the new pricing structure.

Only if he upgrades/changes his plan should he be forced onto the new plan pricing structures.

Posted Mon Apr 30 2012 8:46p by total***

Nobody on Wickedfire would be impressed with this, and would laugh at the OP for being a classless peasant over $5.

If you're on Wickedfire and you can't afford an extra $5 a month for analytics, you'd be outed as a fraud at internet marketing.

Posted Mon Apr 30 2012 9:29p by autodel***

The $5 has got nothing to do with it. The point of this is that he has not changed plans, yet is being forced off his plan simply because he had to change his paymenht method.

Posted Mon Apr 30 2012 9:58p by total***

I'm an ex-urban ops trainer and disabled vet. The manwhore moniker is simply a side project. For those of you attempting to make some kind of personal stab out of this.. I am above your reproach.

What I find really curious about this are those people who upon learning I've been paying less this whole time, choose to look past the ethical principles being called into question, because they don't like the fact I was paying less this whole time.

I am simply pointing this out so it doesn't get swept under the carpet. I'm not trying to coerce Getclicky into anything.. at this point our business relationship is dead.

Posted Mon Apr 30 2012 10:10p by Manwho***

Just to clarify here, we removed the "Starter" plan that you were on more than 3 months ago, because our costs have gone up dramatically int he last year (we went from 2 to 5 employees and bought a lot of new hardware). The Starter plan was just no longer profitable. Plus, if you look at the competition, no one in our space offers a paid plan that was that cheap. Almost everyone starts at $10/mo minimum, if not more. So we felt justified in removing it.

Anyone who was on the Starter plan, we were letting them keep it at that price indefinitely, as long as their subscription remained active. However, since your subscription got canceled from a failed payment, that is why you were forced into the new pricing structure. We were not forcing you to pay more because you wanted to change billing, you were being forced to pay more because your sub was canceled and you needed to sign up for a new one.

You are not the first person to complain about the removal of the Starter plan, however once most people understand why we removed it (as detailed above), they understand and are willing to pay the new minimum price of $10 per month. Only a handful of people have canceled their account because of this - but that's the life of running a business and we accept that.

Sometimes we make exceptions in these situations, but the way you handled this (posting 4x in our forums about us being sleazy and a "horrible service") is not going to win you any favors with us.

Posted Wed May 2 2012 12:36a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

It's just not true (period)
I've been with getclicky for 2 years now tracking flirtydivatees.com analytics. I couldn't live each day without this company. So there. Some people just need to bitch and moan. They need to be ignored too.

Posted Sat May 5 2012 6:18p by lindafli***

You must be logged in to your account to post!