Forums » Suggestions & Feature requests

Time to redesign :)

I love Clicky, and I'm a longtime user.

However, I think it's time to have a site redesign.
A more intuitive and beautiful layout, and a practical and quickest way to track statistics

I do not want to switch service, but various competitors are far ahead in this regard.

Tks!

Posted Fri Dec 21 2012 5:14a by cmeri***

Hmm i dont agree.

Posted Fri Dec 21 2012 7:03a by mjrsand***

I don't agree either....I think Clicky looks great and in many ways is easier to use (and easier on the eyes) than various competitors.

Posted Fri Dec 21 2012 7:50a by smath***

Love me some Clicky.

Posted Fri Dec 21 2012 9:25a by ajm19***

You're delusional. The Clicky design is fine.

Posted Fri Dec 21 2012 4:25p by cf__denali***

Fine? Do you know what design is?

Chartbeat, for example, have a better interface by far.

Posted Fri Dec 21 2012 4:35p by cmeri***

I don't care about UI candy. I need functionality and Clicky provides for that very well.

Posted Fri Dec 21 2012 5:49p by lubo***

I like the design the way it is. Clicky is SO much better in terms of the layout than Analytics, which is a confusing, cluttered mess!

Posted Fri Dec 21 2012 10:40p by BCom***

Webtrends' design is horrible. Clicky's not the best but still acceptable.

Posted Sat Dec 22 2012 6:55a by ***

Bcomm,

I agree. Analytics is very confusing. I do not use for that reason.

The Clicky is better, but that does not mean it can not be improved

Every change is traumatic but necessary.

Posted Sat Dec 22 2012 3:36p by cmeri***

You're delusional. The Clicky design is fine.

This was the comment of the century.

Posted Mon Dec 24 2012 2:33a by gorgeouscou***

Well I'm glad to see so many people "defending" us! :)

The only redesign I'm planning anytime soon is that we are going back to having a sidebar like we used to until Oct 2011, for the stats navigation. But it's going to be 100x better than the old one, which had a lot of annoying flaws, and the "small screen" mode detection was horrible. A big reason for this change is that we are running out of room at the top, as we are about to add a new tab - but also I just think it's more natural and looks much better, especially since we have room for icons too.

Otherwise I have to agree with a lot of people here, I like the current design. However I will agree with the original poster that the current Chartbeat interface is pretty amazing, but I don't think something like that would work for Clicky.

Posted Tue Dec 25 2012 10:31p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Design is a very ambiguous term. Design by way of site structure and information findability (definitely a word) is better here than in any other analytics app. This includes, but is not limited to, Google Analytics, Web Trends' Reinvigorate, Github's Gaug.es, StatCounter, and GoSquared. With Clicky, you're always 1-2 clicks away from what you need.

Design in terms of visual appeal? Clicky would go straight to the bottom of the list were it not for StatCounter, where 1990's web design is commemorated forevermore.

Everyone here will agree that Clicky is perfect. Know why? Because everyone who would disagree already left. That was me, and Clicky's visuals alone were enough to send me on a three month goose chase. That's why I now know that Clicky understands useful web analytics for normal people better than any of their competitors. In other words, I'm stuck here, and I'll have to get over feeling like I'm viewing analytics in a Word doc.

Clicky devs, for what it's worth, your appearance makes some of us just want to leave, but I also understand that you have to pick your niche. Fair enough. Please at least give this some serious consideration - it could be very worthwhile for you.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to hit the dashboard and revel in my regained ability to view a visitor's details AND see what that particular visitor did on my site! (What a concept!!)

Posted Tue Jan 8 2013 8:43p by profess***

Hmmm...I've been clicking around and realizing the design really isn't so bad after all...it's actually quite clean. That said, if you could combine chartbeat/angelfish sexiness with clicky's app logic and not ruin said cleanness, you would probably shut down the entire analytics market. Just sayin'.

Something else for any other haters like me to consider: Clicky is the best AND the cheapest!!! Crazy right?? Hiring design staff would probably change that...

Thanks for a great app guys ;)

Posted Wed Jan 9 2013 8:34a by profess***

I think a redesign in "Big Screen" would not be bad.

Clicky main dashboard is simple, yet powerful. The main problem is when I give access to editors, they tend to find Chartbeat more intuitive for their purpose.

In Big Screen I would like to see:
- Content (not the total of the day, but minute to minute);
- The Basics;
- Remove the actions;
- remove goals and campaigns;
- online users like a speedometer where the max is the last week max number of online visitor;

A better way would be a place where we choose what to have in Big Screen in Preferences.

Posted Wed Jan 16 2013 8:29a by bolsademu***

The clean, stat focused design Clicky's got is great imo.

However, a functional tweak to the homepage (as mentioned in another thread) would be to have folders for different groupings of sites. It would make browsing and taking in stats much more useful.

Posted Mon Jan 21 2013 1:40p by Andy***

You must be logged in to your account to post!