Forums » Suggestions & Feature requests

Video Tracking - Everyone except Clicky

I love Clicky. Were on a pro service. We use it everyday and it has increased sales - no, serious it actually benefits us every day. We have clicky bigscreen on the wall monitor too..

We surprisingly depend on these statistics a great deal.

Heatmaps is a brilliant feature. And it works very well.. however I think clicky should also allow video recording sessions now since most competitors do this and its sort of the ultimate analytic feature...

is this a future feature? video recoding sessions like clicktale - hate their service, pricing and interface but the video recoding is good...

Posted Mon Feb 18 2013 4:28a by gorgeouscou***

Yes it's something we've considered. It is very challenging to do though because of differences with all the browsers. Also while there are a good number of these services now, this is generally the only feature they offer (e.g. there are very few full web analytics services that also do video recording).

Posted Mon Feb 18 2013 11:28a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

I hope you guys consider it. I mean with the Heapmaps; proves the technology works. I would do the following: As soon as the user visits the page, record their mouse movements - x and y cordinates and post back to the server. This is also stored with the resolution of the user least you can get basic actions including scroll down detection - it would be pretty interesting.. for less ajax requests, you could store it all in a hidden array of textboxes and then ajax those boxes..

Posted Tue Feb 19 2013 1:19a by gorgeouscou***

You must be logged in to your account to post!