Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Filter out referring domain

Hi,

Yesterday and today something awkward happened to my stats. It appears that a huge number of visitors come through a t.co link which directs to my site. Can't tell you who is behind this "fabulous" idea, but is messes up my stats. For as far as yesterday counts, the number of visitors through t.co is 434 and that is about 5x the regular traffic I get on this site.

How can I filter these from my statistics, at best remove them entirely so my long-term stats are also clean again?

Thanks!
Bas.

Posted Thu Feb 21 2013 4:27a by dekruy***

t.co is twitter

Posted Thu Feb 21 2013 6:45a by ringo***

*how twitter services it's outbound links provided in tweets.

Posted Thu Feb 21 2013 6:46a by ringo***

yes, I know it is Twitter. And now I also know some dude has linked to my site for irrelevant reasons, so many of his followers click the link.

So, is there a way to filter that exact t.co/xyz... referrer?

Posted Thu Feb 21 2013 7:10a by dekruy***

Not the best way, maybe Clicky admin might have a better one but you can filter on that referring domain then subtract from your totals. I don't see a way, easily, to use a filter to remove from your stats or permanently remove a referring domain from appearing.

Posted Thu Feb 21 2013 10:07a by ringo***

We don't have a way to filter out referrers, sorry.

Posted Fri Feb 22 2013 12:19p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

"We don't have a way to filter out referrers, sorry."

Why not? There's tons of referral spam out there these days, And although Clicky filters out most of it automatically, it still misses some.

Not having the ability to make my stats accurate by filtering out spammy referers is lacking IMO.

Posted Sun Jun 21 2015 1:23p by jp4bi***

You must be logged in to your account to post!