Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

New mobile app & new jQuery tracking question

Hi all, so I read the blog post and posted under it but thought you guys might have an answer quicker ;)

"jQuery mobile (JQM) was our framework of choice. Since it has all those fancy events, we wanted to track those too. Automatically, of course. With JQM growing in popularity, we decided we'd build a plugin that pairs with our tracking code to track these events automatically, and then release the plugin for everyone to use once we were done. And, we're done.

Instructions for the plugin are available here. Basically you just add a single line of javascript after the Clicky tracking code in your HTML, and that's it. See the link above for more info."

I don't follow this at all, sorry! I thought Clicky tracked 'events' anyway? Do you mean Clicky is now capable of tracking jQuery events as well? And that to do so you have to add an extra line of code to the tracking code?

I looked in the plugins page but didn't see anything that leapt out as being your new official jQuery event tracking plugin, nor any obvious instructions for modifying existing setups to track them. I use Wordpress and have Yoast's Clicky plugin installed. What do I need to do to add this new feature?

Cheers!

Posted Wed Feb 26 2014 7:01a by owen***

As in the Blog post, this is the link to info about Clicky's part:
https://clicky.com/help/apps-plugins#jqm

Clicky's explanation:
"Our drop-in jQuery Mobile plugin will allow our tracking code to automatically pick up jQuery Mobile-recognized actions concerning things such as swipes, tapholds, panels, and more."

Posted Wed Feb 26 2014 7:52a by ringo***

Ahhhh, thanks. For some reason your link when copied and pasted into my browser jumps to the right part of the page, but their link when clicked doesn't. And I totally missed that bit when I scanned through the page.

Cheers!

Posted Wed Feb 26 2014 8:02a by owen***

You must be logged in to your account to post!