Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Why does it show someone multiple times

Everyting someone goes to one of the web sites it shows then as if the went to the main page 3 times and everytime they look at another page it shows them there twice.

I logged onto my web site main page shows me there 3 times I clicked on one of the pages and it shows as if I went there twice. Hard to track what people are really doing when it shows in multiples

Posted Sun Apr 27 2014 8:02p by mybiz***

I have been seeing this exact same symptom over the weekend. Views are way, up bounce rate way down, as the details of each visitor shows 2 or 3 hits for each page they view. You're not alone.

Posted Sun Apr 27 2014 9:25p by jtgolde***

Must be a bug in their system. Well, hopefully once they find out about it they can fix it. Cheers

Posted Sun Apr 27 2014 9:37p by mybiz***

Are you guys all using Olark?

Posted Tue Apr 29 2014 9:51a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

I am a user ..The sites I have with Olark have the problem ...my sites without Olark seem fine

Posted Tue Apr 29 2014 11:40a by jtgolde***

I reverted to the old version of our tracking code so this problem should disappear shortly, visitors with cached copies of the tracking code will still have multiple page views for a short amount of time though.

Posted Tue Apr 29 2014 2:27p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Yes, I am using olark too

Posted Mon May 5 2014 10:57p by mybiz***

Traffic to my landing page has increased massively, with several recurring visits from multiple locations ! I know through my stats on Soundcloud that none of these visitors are interacting with the site content

Posted Tue May 6 2014 2:43a by OLIVEBU***

I have same issue. It relates to mobile visitors only. Just started this week. What's going on?

Posted Wed May 7 2014 8:33a by bedazzled***

OLIVEBUS3, it looks like you may be getting hit by a bot.

bedazzledkids, I looked at both your sites and don't see anything out of the ordinary. Your traffic has increased slightly the past week but looking at your 90 day history it doesn't seem out of line.

Posted Thu May 8 2014 12:34p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Same here, with last wordpress and Clicky for WordPress or Clicky Analytics, I have some pages that relog every ten seconds !! Can log 50times for same user.
Is there a solution ? Will try to disable extensions and put the code myself in the footer.

Posted Thu May 22 2014 12:45a by KiboO***

Any update on this ? If not clicky code, what could it be ? I don't think a user will hit F5 40 or more times...

Or is there some options to count only one visit per page per user ? Or don't log same visit within 10sec ?

Posted Mon Jun 2 2014 1:16a by KiboO***

You must be logged in to your account to post!