Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

List of visitors for a filtered report

Is it possible to filter a popular items report for a specific item (in this case a links-outbound report filtered for a specific URL) and have it return a list of visitors instead of a total?

I know I can achieve this via the site, but need a way to get it from the API. I could have sworn that I read in the API documentation that you could return a visitor list instead of totals for other report types, but after going through the API docs multiple times, I possibly hallucinated it.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon Jun 2 2014 1:50a by brickst***

Much appreciated - both that you weren't affected and that you're letting us know. ...

Posted Thu Jun 5 2014 7:31a by mobilsm***

hi brickster,

if you were able to get a report of total visitors using the API that is filtered by the desired outbound link, then you are almost there.

The last step might be as simple as changing &type=visitors to &type=visitors-list.

Also don't forget to add &limit=all (else default is 10 line items returned)

If you have NOT gotten that far already, then have a look at the following API call (which is broken apart with one parameter on each line just for illustration) and it might help you form one of your own that meets your requirement:

Note: this example would show all the visitors who hit the outbound link: your-domain.com/outbound/link.html

Note: this example would generate &output to a csv file, modify it to generate xml, php, json

Note: this example specifies &limit=all if not specified the default is 10 line items

Note: this example specifies a date of yesterday, look on API help page for lots of date options

okay, with those notes, here is the template URL for the API report call:

http : / /
api.clicky.com/api/stats/4
?site_id=xxxxxxxxx
&sitekey=yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
&limit=all
&output=csv
&date=yesterday
&href=http%3A%2F%2Fyour-domain.com%2Foutbound%2Flink.html
&type=visitors-list

hope this helps,

--ed

Posted Sat Jun 7 2014 6:17p by edyod***

It really does help, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks very much for taking the time to write it all up.

Posted Sun Jun 8 2014 3:45a by brickst***

You must be logged in to your account to post!