Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Stats no recording properly, what to do?

I have 3 sites that get over 400-500 a hits a day that suddenly are showing 2-3 hits from clicky analytics. I have not been penalized by google, my rankings are still the same and sales have remained constant. So I know this is an issue with clicky.

What should I do?

Posted Wed Jun 4 2014 12:09a by tmcmull***

Have to ask a few questions: have you always had these statistics from Clicky or are they from another source? And not actually tracked data from Clicky, it's not clear where the 400-500 visits per day is coming from? Have there been any recent development (code) changes to your website?

- Check and make sure your tracking script is on each page you want to track.
- Where did most of your traffic come from? How long has it been coming from there? Etc...
- Are you using advertising of any kind that has stopped?
- If you're using any of those "Buy traffic to your website" scams, I would suggest stopping it as they are fake users. Use real advertising :)
- Keep in mind that Clicky does not track the browser you use to view Clicky and does not count most bots as visits. Why if you're paying for those scams, you possibly won't see them in Clicky but maybe in another source.

Posted Wed Jun 4 2014 5:05a by ringo***

- Each page? I have a blog with HUNDREDS of pages. Last time I just installed it on my dashboard and it worked.
- My traffic comes from google, 100%. That is why I know its not my traffic source. My rankings are all the same and I have continued to have sales at a normal rate.
- Im not using any fake traffic sources.
- I have spyder spanker blocking any unwanted bots.

The only thing I have changed on these three websites is updating to the new wordpress edition.

This is really annoying, please continue to help me!

Posted Wed Jun 4 2014 7:59a by tmcmull***

also, all my stats are tracked by clicky

Posted Wed Jun 4 2014 8:01a by tmcmull***

I don't work for Clicky. This is a user support forum.

I am not sure what you define as the "Dashboard", could you elaborate? You want it to appear on every page you want to track (why its called the tracking code ;) ). Most blogs have a global footer that appears on every page that you can edit, you should add the tracking code there. Unless you are using some sort of third party plugin, I have no experience with those so unfortunately cannot help you there.

Sounds like in updating your Wordpress instance you either:
A. Removed your 3rd party plugin.
B. Some sort of skin was altered that had your tracking code embedded in it.

Posted Wed Jun 4 2014 10:10a by ringo***

You must be logged in to your account to post!