Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Can I add my tracking code onto two pages?

Hi,

as an affiliate, I would like to track the thank you page of the program I'm working with.
I have installed my tracking code onto my page and can see, how many visitors I've got.

I'd like to install the tracking code onto the thank you page of my registration form on their site.

Can I simply send them the tracking code and they add it onto their page and I can see, how many people registered?

Posted Wed Jul 16 2014 5:55a by ahmad***

You should be able to do this but you have to set it up properly in clicky.

Clicky will only track clicks for domains that are explicitly associated with the site id you put in the tracking code. If you simply plug that code into a web page on another domain, clicky will notice the domain does not match the one you set up with that site id and won't track the clicks.

To get around this you will need to go into the site preferences for the affiliate site (the one you own) that has a clicky site id and add the domain of the web site that has the thank you page as a mirror site. This way clicky will treat the other site as if it were a mirror of your site (even though we know it is not) and will track the clicks on your thank you page.

I just tried this out by putting my site one tracking code on a page on site two. Then I added site two as a mirror in site one preferences. Worked like a charm, new visitors showed up on the Spy page, Visitors report, even created a goal for that test page on site two and it tallied the hits on the site two page as site one goals. Able to click on the visitor IP Address to drill down to Actions, etc. Everything seems to work exactly as you would expect.

If you are using goals, it would be easy to set up a static goal for the thank you page and let clicky count up your registrations for you.

Posted Wed Jul 16 2014 4p by edyod***

You must be logged in to your account to post!