Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Traffic not tracked since 1:00PM yesterday

Hey everyone,

I hope you can help point me in the right direction. I have clicky installed with the yoast plugin on 2 of my sites.

Both were tracking everything quite fine until yesterday, tracking seemed to stop for one of the sites.

I checked my rankings and webmaster tools and my keywords are still ranking just fine and there are no penalties on the site.

I had some friends visit my site from other IPs and spy does not work nor are they being tracked.

Meanwhile, if they visit my other site, everything seems to be working fine.

So I am not quite sure what the cause could be. I am pretty sure that i am still getting traffic because I can see clicks in my affiliate panel and I am making sales (that's the good news).

But, I just can't see the traffic via Clicky.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Note:
I have tried also just using the asynchronous code and pasting it into the "header and Footer Scripts" plugin, but when I check the code here, I get a message stating that it was not installed correctly. That's why I used the yoast plugin.

Thanks!

Posted Mon Aug 4 2014 1:10p by Signal5***

Is it possible you reached the end of a free trial and now clicky only tracks one site?

Posted Mon Aug 4 2014 5:07p by edyod***

I wish that were the case. I bought a subscription right off the bat and have only had my websites set-up for 4-5 days

Posted Mon Aug 4 2014 5:14p by Signal5***

Google Analytics shows that I am getting traffic. So I am not quite sure what's happening. It was working just fine until yesterday

Posted Mon Aug 4 2014 6:59p by Signal5***

I have the official clicky plugin installed and still no dice. Any ideas folks?

Posted Mon Aug 4 2014 8:57p by Signal5***

View the source that the browser is outputting for your page and see if the Clicky tracking code is indeed there and matches your correct siteid. This is a good test to see if the plugin is working. If the tracking code is not there then the plugin is not working or some other issue with it. Unfortunately, plugins developed by third parties you will need to contact them to find out the issue.

Posted Tue Aug 5 2014 8:29a by ringo***

I will give that a shot. I reinstalled the plugin and it seems to be working now albeit lower traffic numbers than before. I am pretty sure the numbers are not consistent with the actual traffic though since GA is still showing higher numbers.

Posted Tue Aug 5 2014 8:56a by Signal5***

I am not sure how the plugin works but check to see that it is on all the pages you want to track via the method I listed above, plus in the plugin settings (maybe? again not sure about plugin but normally troubleshooting methods) to make sure it's being displayed on all the pages you want.

Posted Tue Aug 5 2014 10a by ringo***

I will do that for sure. Thanks for the tips!

Posted Tue Aug 5 2014 10:04a by Signal5***

Seeing same problem on one of my sites. I'm thinking this is a more general issue.

Posted Wed Aug 6 2014 2:34p by justb***

I have not had much luck following the tips posted above. My site shows practically zero traffic yet any other program I am using for monitoring are all relatively comparable.

Posted Wed Aug 6 2014 2:36p by Signal5***

Thursday 7th, no traffic has been tracked for my site today. Was working okay yesterday.

Posted Thu Aug 7 2014 4:28a by bertrame***

I still have spotty tracking. Was working great up to yesterday. Then, only a small portion of traffic is counted. I know this is a fact because certain goals are not recorded at all even though I can confirm the events in my database.

Clicky - we need some help here.

Posted Thu Aug 7 2014 5:41a by justb***

Hi guys. Just seeing this now. If you need a guaranteed reply from Clicky, make sure to email us instead of posting in the forums, which are not "official" support.

Signal, I looked at both your sites. The first one ("max"), I don't see our code in your HTML at all. I see you are using WP-Supercache though. Probably what's happened is that the pages are still cached prior to installing the plugin, so the tracking code isn't getting included. Nuke the cache and that should fix it.

The other site, the code does appear installed correctly. I clicked around 5 different pages on your site and all of those views were tracked:

https://clicky.com/stats/visitors-actions?site_id=100760027&date=2014-08-09&session_id=181787141

Posted Sat Aug 9 2014 9:49a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

justbn, which site are you referring to? I looked at the 28 day visitor graph for all 4 sites in your account and I don't see anything out of the ordinary the last few days. Numbers all seem normal to me.

Posted Sat Aug 9 2014 9:53a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Hmm nothing is showing for me at all, the code is installed and hasn't been changed. Strange, I'll have to keep looking for what could be causing it.

Posted Sun Aug 10 2014 1:24a by bertrame***

Hey there,

Thanks for the response. I had uninstalled the plugin on max so that confirms what you saw. Tracking does seem to be working for the other site as you confirmed as well.

For the site that did not have the tracking code installed here is where I am at as-of today:
1. Installed Clicky Analytics (with site ID/key)
2. Nuked the cache
3. Check WP Super Cache, no pages cached, nuked the cache there as well

I will keep things running in the back ground, but would you know if there are any settings in WP super cache that need to be adjusted to prevent any trouble?

Thanks!

Posted Sun Aug 10 2014 8:51a by Signal5***

I'm still not seeing any data, even though the tracking script is verified and "appears to be installed correctly".

I was thinking this might be because I have recently installed an SSL certificate, but I can't see anywhere in the preferences that this might have affected, and the script is verified as being okay.

Posted Mon Aug 11 2014 2:03a by bertrame***

bertramedia, tracking a secure site requires a premium account, you are on the free plan so you will need to upgrade.

http://clicky.com/user/upgrade

Posted Mon Aug 11 2014 12:38p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Oh that's a shame, we had hoped to upgrade in the near future when things have scaled up a bit, but not now. We'll have to move to another tracking company, maybe we'll be back.

Posted Tue Aug 12 2014 1:16p by bertrame***

You must be logged in to your account to post!