Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Map in Spy view

Hi,

The vast majority of my main site are located in The Netherlands, a tiny pixel on the global map that is displayed in the Spy view.

So...is it possible to narrow this view down to my country only or at least a smaller portion of the globe? I don't see the trick to do so, if possible.

Thanks,
Bas

Posted Wed Sep 3 2014 12:52p by dekruy***

Bas,

what a great idea. That's for the clicky developers to pick up on.

In the mean time, there is an interesting geomapping tool you might like. It is not real time like Spy, but on the other hand Spy only show current active visitors while this one lets you enter however many IP addresses you want and it maps them all. Fatfinger or paste in a list of IPs then press geocode button. All the visitor IPs you entered are geolocated and mapped for you, and... you can zoom in and out all you want.

So if you want to see geographically where your visitors come from using this tool, check it out here:

www.zonums.com/iptools/ipmapper.php

cheers,

Ed

p.s. in order to quickly get a list of IPs... pull up a visitor report then download it to csv file. Open the file and there is a column of IP addresses. Select and copy that column, then paste it into the above tool. and voila the map lights up to show you where all your visitors came from.

Posted Fri Sep 5 2014 3:18p by edyod***

Thanks Ed, for your alternative to what I asked for. I will look into it!

Posted Sat Sep 6 2014 1:01a by dekruy***

You must be logged in to your account to post!