Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Weirdness After Moving Site to HTTPS

Hello all,

We moved one of our sites to HTTPS yesterday and since then, I've noticed in numerous speed tests since that Clicky is taking a lot longer to load (albeit asynchronously) than it had previously.

Also, visitors are showing in the Spy, but not showing at all in the dashboard's visitor count.

Is there something I need to do or configure with Clicky now that the site in question is HTTPS, or should everything just be working normally?

Many thanks,
AJ

Posted Tue Sep 9 2014 1:17p by ajm19***

Hi, you need a Pro or higher account to track HTTPS sites. You have the Starter package, which we no longer offer to new subscribers, but that plan doesn't have HTTPS tracking, so you would need to upgrade to Pro.

Logging data over HTTPS does take longer, but it shouldn't be too noticeable unless you are far away geographically from our tracking servers (e.g. in Europe). Our tracking servers are on the west coast of the US.

Posted Tue Sep 9 2014 3:17p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

HI
i too have this problem! i am using the paid version, when i login to clicky it says:

Account: Pro Plus, $14.99/m

how do I get it to track my site?

Posted Wed Sep 10 2014 4:27a by cyberhost***

cyberhostpro, I don't see the code in your HTML at all. HTTPS has nothing to do with it.

Posted Wed Sep 10 2014 7:50a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Bummer :(

Thanks for the response.

Posted Wed Sep 10 2014 9:50a by ajm19***

Hi again,

Upgraded to Pro for the HTTPS support but now nothing at all is tracking.

The code is installed correctly (verified in the source as well as Preferences --> Tracking Code --> Verify Tracking Code).

It's been about an hour as of the date/time stamp of this post. Should it be working by now?

Thanks again,
AJ

Posted Fri Sep 12 2014 10:22a by ajm19***

Scratch that. It kicked in exactly now.

Posted Fri Sep 12 2014 10:26a by ajm19***

You must be logged in to your account to post!