Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

No prompt to authorize for Apple Push Notifications

I would like to be alerted via Apple Push Notifications but unfortunately I get no prompt or message to authorize clicky.com.

I always get: Permission status: Denied
You have denied us the privilege of sending Apple Push Notifications to your desktop. Please visit the Notification Center on your Mac if you wish to change this.

Any idea?

Posted Fri Nov 7 2014 4:11a by infosi***

infosion,

Are you accessing this page from your Mac desktop or laptop computer (as opposed to a mobile device)?

We have seen an issue arise once or twice per month related to APN authorization. Any additional information that you can provide, such as your particular Mac build, browser and browser version, OS X version etc.) would be very helpful.

Posted Fri Nov 7 2014 11:25a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

I am accessing the page from my Mac desktop with OS X Yosemite 10.10 and Safari 8.0. - have double-checked that no extension (adblock e.g.) is running. Visiting www.macrumors.com I am able to authorize for APN. Thanks much for your help.

Posted Sat Nov 8 2014 7:59a by infosi***

Okay, thanks for the additional info. Though it only affects a small percentage of users, this is a priority for us. I'll post back here when we've fixed the issue.

Posted Tue Nov 11 2014 3:52p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

It never worked for me. I assuming this feature isn't implemented until see screenshots from a Clicky user.

Posted Thu Nov 13 2014 12:17p by fenax***

In addition to my last information - I am now using OS X 10.5.9 with Safari 7.1 and APN is still not working.

Posted Mon Nov 17 2014 5:47a by infosi***

Sorry, OS X 10.9.5, Mavericks again, not Leopard ;-)

Posted Mon Nov 17 2014 5:49a by infosi***

You must be logged in to your account to post!