Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Google & Clicky = different results

Can someone help me / or explain to me me why there is such a big difference between unique vistitors in the results of Google Analytics & Clicky Web Analytics?

Take a look @ www.multimediaconcepts.nl/misc/visitors-differ.jpg

On the 17th of this month a site of us had 27 unique visitors according to Google Analytics and 14 according to Clicky Web Analytics.

What's causing this difference to occur?? Which stat is right? Or reliable?

Can someone answer this for me?

Posted Thu Nov 19 2009 2:13a by multimediacon***

One potential divergence is that Clicky pools overlapping visits from the same IP as one visit, while GA does not. But without looking at your actual web server logs, it would be impossible for an outsider to determine the reason for this particular discrepancy.

Posted Thu Nov 19 2009 11:11a by cypressinteg***

Are we they only one who experience this kind of difference?

Posted Fri Nov 20 2009 12:14a by multimediacon***

No, you're not...

this is strange, in google analytics it is possible to see visitors from china, but not in Clicky analytics!?

Some answer or explanation to this?

Posted Fri Nov 20 2009 2:33a by urbak***

What country or area are most of your visitors from? Google has servers all over the world, while we only have servers in the US. We may miss some of your visitors due to lag from connecting to our tracking servers half way around the world. It's typically not as big an issue as your stats are showing though...

Posted Tue Nov 24 2009 1:41p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Most of our visitors reside in the Netherlands. Visitors counted for last week: 139 (Google) & 92 (Clicky)

Posted Wed Nov 25 2009 12:05a by multimediacon***

We notice this, too. For example, here's Oct. 2014 for certain key stats for a site that's been up about a year:

Visitors: 1004 GA vs 931 Clicky
Time spent: 1:33 GA vs 3:33 Clicky
Bounce: 69% GA vs 37% Clicky

Don't know which service to believe.

Tom B.

Posted Thu Nov 13 2014 9:51a by tbone***

You must be logged in to your account to post!