Forums » General discussion

Desktop application

Hmm I was wonder why Clicky doesn't develop a desktop application such as Woopra for linux/windows... woopra is stealing your users... why not f*** 'em up and create a desktop app too?

Posted Sat Apr 3 2010 10:24a by Nevens***

What is the benefit of a desktop app over the web-based service?

Posted Sat Apr 3 2010 11:18p by drkskwl***

I only think a Mac OS dashboard widget would be good. A full app is way overkill.

Posted Sun Apr 4 2010 3:44a by hectorl***

We're open to the idea of a real desktop app to supplement the web site but we're not actively pursuing it. And I assure you that Woopra is most certainly not stealing our users. :) I'm sure some people have gone from us to them but I'm sure the same number or more have gone the other route because we have twice as many features as they do.

Posted Sun Apr 4 2010 12:01p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Okay. Well the main advantage of a desktop app is the fact you don't need to touch your browser. With a desktop app you are able to access your statistics in one click while for a browser service it takes at least 3 clicks(start browser,open page,login,navigate to stats).This way you save time, it may seem stupid but for people that are using stats a lot and don't want to run a browser all the time this matters a lot.

Posted Tue Apr 6 2010 12:11p by Nevens***

This should not take you three clicks. It takes me one (and I've been using GetClicky for about 12 hours now)

When you have your analytics open in the browser drag the favicon (the little graphic to the left of the http) to your Windows desktop. I am sure you can do something similar. Now you have one click access that opens the browser and takes you right to your stats.

Posted Fri Sep 17 2010 5:31a by patrick24***

Rekindling this thread because I agree that a Desktop App is something that my company would use A LOT. Obviously it's possible to create a bookmark to your site stats, but we are constantly having to reset web browsers here in order to test websites that use cookies to store user login data. I'm sure other web development companies have to do the same thing, so that means many users are having to re-login every time they want to quickly view Clicky stats. Not saying it's a big deal, but a OS X app always running in the background would be AWESOME and definitely something I would pay for in the App Store.

That being said, Clicky is by far the best analytics service on the market. Keep up the good work, guys :)

Posted Sat Oct 1 2011 7:17p by jrb04***

I would love a little dashboard widget that displayed my analytics. Sometimes i am doing so much that opening a browser window to look onto GetClicky can be a pain. I would even go as far as to say I would pay GetClicky to use this feature [hint, guys!] if they made it available. I run OSX from my development workstation.

Posted Fri Dec 2 2011 11:21a by TeamBlackburnInvest***

You must be logged in to your account to post!