Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Organisations

Tracking organisations is SO cool.

However, in my organisations report, I have a fair number of internet providers showing up (I'd say roughly 10%).

I guess organisations detection is based on a fingerprint of the network used by the user to reach our websites.

Lots of companies seem to access the internet through business ISPs. These business ISPs have nothing to do with the actual company of the user, but seem to sometime have a fingerprint of their own.

In my case (guess it is the same for pretty much everyone, not just me), the organisations reports are full of business ISPs.

Here are a couple of examples :

- Teamtel
- Psinet
- Unitymedia Nrw Gmbh
- Orange
- Ovh Sas
- Services Platform
- Pearltrees Servers Subnet

Would it be possible manually specify that "I don't want THAT specific organisation to show up in the reports" ?

One last thing, I have a lot of city names in the organisations report, does anyone know what these are ?

Cheers

Posted Fri Jul 22 2011 8:38a by linuxfac***

Do you have the preference set in site prefs to hide ISPs? I'm not sure if all those would match our keyword stuff but enabling that option does hide quite a few of them. Not a way to manually specify extra one you want to ignore though. It's something we'd have to add in.

Regarding cities, I assume you're talking about e.g. "City of Portland" ? That would indicate a government worker, wasting our tax money ;)

Posted Fri Jul 22 2011 2:50p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Hi there,

Yes, I've selected the hide ISPs option, and the ISPs I mentioned are flagged as organisations.

As for the cities, the website is targeting a French audience, so these are just plain city names such as : Paris, Nice, Lyon, and so on.

Posted Mon Jul 25 2011 12:15a by linuxfac***

So would you consider to add a way to filter those companies ?

Here is a mock-up of how we could let user decide weather to show a company in the organisations report or not : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11531218/clicky-organisations.png

Today, this company -http://www.celeste.fr/- made it to my organisations report. When visiting their website it's pretty obvious that they are an ISP offering business services.

Posted Wed Jul 27 2011 3:04a by linuxfac***

The ones you listed in the first post don't really match any of the keywords we check for to filter them out. We would like to add more or add teh ability to create your own (or contribute to a global pool of them) but I don't know if that will happen or not.

Posted Wed Jul 27 2011 10:10a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

"The ones you listed in the first post don't really match any of the keywords we check for to filter them out."

Indeed, because these are not "mainstream" ISPs but rather corporate internet providers.

"We would like to add more or add teh ability to create your own (or contribute to a global pool of them) but I don't know if that will happen or not."

That would be cool and make the organisations report more meaningful. I +1 that feature.

Posted Thu Jul 28 2011 1:58a by linuxfac***

Hello,

Any update on this ?

Posted Mon Aug 29 2011 3:32a by linuxfac***

No, sorry.

Posted Mon Aug 29 2011 4:34p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Hey again,

Is this feature something you are considering ?

One of my clients is complaing to me because his organisations reports are not reliable.

Something like 60% of the entries of those reports are ISPs.

Posted Mon Sep 26 2011 12:08a by linuxfac***

Hello, any update on this ?

My organisations reports are full of ISPs...

Posted Mon Oct 24 2011 3:03a by linuxfac***

Hey there,

Any plans to implement this ?

I really need a to way to cleanup my organisation's report which is full of ISP's.

Thanks !

Posted Mon Nov 21 2011 12:06a by linuxfac***

Still on the backburner.

Posted Mon Nov 21 2011 1:36p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Hello 2012 !

Any chance to have that feature sometime ?

I still get lots of IP service providers in the Organisations report.

The major part of the organisations listed in the so-called report are not organisations but ISPs.

Posted Thu Jan 26 2012 5:53a by linuxfac***

My Friendly Clicky Admin ?

Posted Thu Feb 2 2012 7:17a by linuxfac***

Hey,

I'm getting lots of traffic from "Amazon.com" lately. Those visits are rather AWS robots crawling my website for whatever reason.

Would you mind considering the feature I've been suggesting over the past couple of months ?

That would also allow you guys to get user feedback on this data to better treat those signals.

Posted Fri Feb 17 2012 2:50a by linuxfac***

As the tempareture inceasing hot day after day, and the step of summer vocation is just around the corner, what plan do you made for your vivid summer?Swimming in the sea and hang about in the sand beach is a common plan year by year and one by one. Maybe you can travel around the ice island or going to an icy palace to enjoy with all your heart with different scenery. Or you can stay at home to participate in Diablo III. It is very popular at the moment and Diablo series is a legend. What do you think about? [b][url=http://www.diablo3buygold.com]Buy Diablo 3 Gold[/url][/b]

Posted Fri Jun 15 2012 4:04a by ***

As the tempareture inceasing hot day after day, and the step of summer vocation is just around the corner, what plan do you made for your vivid summer?Swimming in the sea and hang about in the sand beach is a common plan year by year and one by one. Maybe you can travel around the ice island or going to an icy palace to enjoy with all your heart with different scenery. Or you can stay at home to participate in Diablo III. It is very popular at the moment and Diablo series is a legend. What do you think about? [b][url=http://www.diablo3buygold.com]Buy Diablo 3 Gold[/url][/b]

Posted Fri Jun 15 2012 4:07a by ***

Appart the two spammy posts above, any update on this one ?

Posted Fri Sep 14 2012 7:41a by linuxfac***

Hi there, any updates on this one ?

Posted Mon Jan 20 2014 5:34a by linuxfac***

I'm still having organisations reports that are full of ISPs. It would be great to have the ability to filter all these ISPs to be left only with a list of actual companies.

Posted Mon Jan 20 2014 5:36a by linuxfac***

linuxfacile,

wow! first asked July 2011 -- you are a patient soul :)

let's assume for a moment that the clicky dev team might never get around to this. So then what do you do?

My suggestion is to pull the report into a spreadsheet such as MS excel and filter the data in the spreadsheet.

I recently answered a similar question about sorting a Content report by suggesting the person export the report as an XML file, then import into MS excel. From there you are able to do lots of interesting things with the data. Auto-filtering out selected ISP names is one of those.

check out this discussion for a little more info on that approach ... https://clicky.com/forums/?id=16120

best regards

ed y

Posted Mon Jan 20 2014 8:16p by edyod***

Well, I indeed mentioned that years ago.

First you're a passionate analytics intern supporting a startup with a couple of bucks per year. And then you become an analytics consultant, convince your boss that Clicky is awesome, start selling white-labeled Clicky to your clients.

In that perspective, the Organisation report is a MASSIVE feature. I understand that I could do this on my own in a spreadsheet, but I cannot say this to my clients and would appreciate some consideration from the guys at Clicky.

The fact is that these organisation reports are full of ISPs, most of time local or B2B ISPs, other than the massive Verizon or Vodafone. This makes the organisation yet another ISP report, with very few companies showing up at the end of the day.

It would be nice to have a simple feature allowing user to click a "Not an organisation - Do not show again" link next to the name of the organisation, in the organisation report. This would allow user to have a report with actual companies rather than all the small ISPs around the world.

This would take 30 minutes to implement.

Come on you Clicky boys, you can do it !

Posted Wed Jan 22 2014 3:09a by analyses_***

This would be nice

Posted Sun Feb 2 2014 8:56p by rhythmscl***

Thought I would leave you guys alone, correct ? Not !

Any chance to get that feature ?

Posted Tue Feb 11 2014 9:31a by linuxfac***

Hi there, nine months into 2014 ans still counting ! Will we ever get that feature, or at least, any other way to address that issue ?

Thing is, to date, the Organisation's report is kind of useless, because it is still full of ISP's, even if you check the option in the preferences to hide them.

Please Clicky, consider addressing this problem, a proper Organisation's report would make a big difference feature-wise.

Posted Wed Sep 3 2014 2:59a by linuxfac***

4 years and counting !

Any plans on addressing this issue in the foreseeable future ?

Posted Mon Feb 9 2015 8:04a by linuxfac***

linuxfacile,

I was just looking through old topics today and came across this one. I remembered that there actually is a global option to suppress ISPs in organization listings. Don't know if this is a new feature that was not there when you posted about this issue, or if this option doesn't meet the requirement you have to suppress ISPs.

It's on the global preferences at the account level (you won't find it on web site prefs).

[] Hide ISPs in both the visitors list and the global organization / hostname pages
When someone visits your web site from their home computer, you will typically see their ISP (Internet Service Provider) as the organization and/or hostname. If you only want to see the organization for "real" companies, use this option.

If this was implemented in response to your forum posts, then there probably would have been a clicky admin response here, so I'm thinking maybe you are already aware of this option and perhaps it doesn't scratch the right itch for your white label customers.

In any case I wanted to post about this option just in case it was missed earlier.

cheers

Posted Sun Jun 28 2015 8:40a by edyod***

So it's been 5 years? I've just purchased the Pro account on behalf of my company and I can't believe there's not a way to filter ISPs.
Any chance you found a solution?

Posted Mon Aug 17 2015 9:39a by ontherightt***

Hey there,

I used to poke at you guys every year. I'm a little late on schedule this year but I'm still there !

So, will this feature be implemented someday ? The ability to have organisations tracked is real added value vs. ISPs. Problem is, the organisations report is still full of ISPs : we need to have a proper way to sort things out and filter the messy data.

Posted Mon Mar 7 2016 9:31a by linuxfac***

You must be logged in to your account to post!