SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING.
- "Sites like Clicky will soon be out of business"
- "Is it time to bid farewell to Clicky?"
- "With Google Analytics now offering real-time, are startups like Chartbeat and Clicky dead in the water?"
- "getclicky and chartbeat ought to run for the hills"
- "Google killing off Chartbeat"
- "Does anyone think the real-time Google Analytics will ... destroy Chartbeat?"
- "Is this the beginning of the end of Woopra?"
- "Google attacking realtime analytics services like @chartbeat & @woopra with a new free offer"
Hmm... did anyone actually read the announcement that Google made today? This isn't "real time Google Analytics", this is a single report in GA that is real time. The rest of GA remains the same. This is more akin to Chartbeat, to be used as a real time compliment to a standard analytics package, rather than a full standalone real time service like Clicky is. But I guarantee you Chartbeat will be just fine, as will everyone else. We've all had, and continue to have, plenty of advantages over GA other than real time data.
If anything, I'm glad Google has done this, as it will bring more awareness to the concept of "real time web analytics" in general. This will inevitably lead to more people searching about it, and we just so happen to have the #1 organic result for this search on both Google and Bing (and hence Yahoo). Everything is going to be just fine!
32 comments | Sep 29 2011 1:59pm