Forums » General discussion

GetClicky Servers

Hi

I just read that on the GetClicky blog that the servers receive around 25,000 page-views per second.

It would be interesting to learn from you guys or to here from you guys what sort of hosting and structure you have in place - your mySQL information must be massive and I was just interested to know how you are doing it and how the system operate.

Clicky has grown huge since the time I heard about it - I was one of the first accounts back in the day and have had a few and cannot believe that is the feature your achieving you must be using heavy memcache and load balancers on slave and master mySQL dedicated servers.

K

Posted Wed Jan 11 2012 2:51a by gorgeouscou***

Well thanks, although that's not entirely correct - we have the *capacity* to go up to 25K/second now, but we're only doing aboug 5K/second on average at the moment.

I've thought about a post of this nature, I agree it would be interesting. However, scaling to our level of traffic processing is quite challenging and I don't want to give an edge to all of our new competitors that are currently a lot smaller than us right now.

Posted Wed Jan 11 2012 8:35a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Nonetheless 5k a second with MySQL is a great achievement IMO. Considering cost to. I am currently building an adserver and I want to get some tips from you guys. Willing to pay for consultancy. That is not an issue. I just thought if I was going to do your setup or something close it would be this. As we have adviews and adclicks and these are updated every page view - so it is not far off.

I really like the service and I agree that it would be an edge to your competitors. So that is understandable.

Your SQL files must be in the TB range.

Posted Thu Jan 12 2012 5:03a by gorgeouscou***

You must be logged in to your account to post!