Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Hugh increase in single visits

One of my sites has a fairly consistent traffic rate of around 12 uniques per day but recently (last few days) it's gone up to 90+ per day.

All visits are single, short visits from various locations and IP ranges. I've checked some of them and they are legit companies. The visitors don't try and do anything, they just hit the front page, stay for less than 1 minute and then leave.

My first thought was intrusion attempts but there's no indication of that.

It's really odd so has anyone had anything similar?

Thanks

Posted Thu Sep 24 2015 6:26a by winterc***

maybe spam?

Posted Thu Sep 24 2015 7:02a by masa4***

Maybe, but there's no indication of that. They just don't do anything.

Posted Thu Sep 24 2015 7:04a by winterc***

I'm getting the same thing but from Ashburn, VA from the same IP on several of my websites. They stay for 1 min. and then hit again and again on different pages. What do you think? A bot?

Posted Thu Sep 24 2015 7:27a by betsu***

I have the same problem with one of 30 clients, he has gone from an average of 95 visits a day to over 400 direct visits a day now, from all different areas and ip's since 9/2/15? Would love some info on this from a Clicky admin

Posted Thu Sep 24 2015 8:19a by elvis***

Who is service provider?
If Amazon (Ashburn VA), then it is probably spam.
I've seen that in Google Analytics but never clicky.

Posted Thu Sep 24 2015 8:24a by CarraraServ***

Probably browser pre-fetching. I have seen this happen when a site hits the top 3 at Google.

Posted Thu Sep 24 2015 9:34a by rhoekm***

It looks like bots as most stay for exactly 10 seconds without any actions.

Posted Fri Sep 25 2015 6:13a by winterc***

I think you should read this http://ads-blocker.com/block-referral-spam/ I had the same problem. It is spam I blocked 10 sites today in Analytics

Best Regards

Posted Mon Sep 28 2015 11:02a by udprope***

You must be logged in to your account to post!