Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

500 - Internal Server Error

Hi I've installed Clicky for WordPress okay but when I go to Settings > Clicky to enter my details it goes straight to the 500 Internal Server error.

I'm using Redwaves Lite theme and have checked the footer.php file and all seems in place as per the advice Clicky install advice page.

Anyone have any idea what I can do to resolve?

Site is http://wittensworld.com

Many thanks!

Simon

Posted Sun Oct 4 2015 4a by simonwit***

Whenever a 500 error is encountered, the first thing to do is check the server error log. Can you do that?

Ivan

Posted Sun Oct 4 2015 6:56a by drkskwl***

I thought I could but I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place. I can't find a specific 'error log' file

Posted Sun Oct 4 2015 9:03a by simonwit***

Strange, never had a report of that error before. We do have two different Wordpress plugins though. Whichever one you're using, could you try the other one instead and see if that works?

Posted Sun Oct 4 2015 12:33p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

I only see one link for a Clicky plugin. DO you have a link to both?

Posted Sun Oct 4 2015 1:39p by simonwit***

Backup your htaccess file.

Delete it from the site and try load it.

If it works,leave it alone,usually wp will create default htaccess itself.

Posted Sun Oct 4 2015 2:07p by timo***

It only happens when I activate the Clicky plugin - as soon as I deactivate it my website returns to normal. Doesn't this show that there's a problem with the plugin?

Posted Sat Oct 10 2015 7:17a by simonwit***

On this page, the first two plugins listed (below the links at the top) are both WP. YOu must be using one of them so try the other one?

https://clicky.com/help/apps-plugins

Like I said, no one has ever reported this error before with either of the WP plugins we offer so I'm not sure what the deal is. All of our plugins are created by third parties so it's hard for us to debug.

Posted Sat Oct 10 2015 6:32p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!