Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Custom Campaigns with ? not working

I used to track all of my traffic from Instagram by using /?ig for example www.liv360.com/?ig, but now it is not showing any traffic coming from that url in spy or the visitor details.

This would provide me the information I needed to track Instagram traffic without having a very long UTM campaign link. I would do this short campaign test with many different sites for example.

In these cases we cannot use a long UTM campaign and we need to be able to track these custom ? campaigns.

Is this something you changed? Please bring this functionality back.

Thanks!

Posted Sun Oct 25 2015 1:17p by celsy***

hi im using clicky since 5 month i am add new url in clicky but now it is not shown my current traffic resource. may i know what is the issue and how to resolve this issue..?
my email:[email protected]
clicky username:zainzaidi
my new url is : www.educationhealth4uu.blogspot.com
i am waiting for your good reply..

Posted Sun Oct 25 2015 11:29p by zainzai***

The format for dynamic campaigns is ?utm_campaign= thus www.liv360.com/?utm_campaign=ig

I don't know why/how your current link structure was working in the past, but going forward you should used the full UTM parameter

Posted Mon Oct 26 2015 12:32p by resta***

@restado maybe my wording was incorrect. For a true campaign we use the full UTM. However for Instagram our goal was to keep the URL link as short as possible.

We were using the /? to track page views. For example www.liv360.com/?ig would mean we had a visitor/page view that come in from Instagram.

Clicky used to show these urls as individual page views. I can try ?utm_campaign= but I would still like to be able to use just /?

Posted Mon Oct 26 2015 12:44p by celsy***

celsya, which of your sites is this for?

Nothing should have changed that would cause the "ig" parameter to be removed from your URLs, unless you created a filter for that parameter specifically. See our latest blog post for more info about the new filter system.

Posted Mon Oct 26 2015 4:37p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

@clicky nothing changed on my end. We don't have any filters. Its for our site www.liv360.com.

The last parameter I noticed was on Oct. 20th and was /?cleaneater

It used to show the visitor landing page was /?cleaneater but now it is just /

We use a few different parameters for tracking.

Posted Mon Oct 26 2015 4:54p by celsy***

Ok, the issue is that your landing page redirects away from the ?ig page to just the landing page.

E.g. I go here:

https://www.liv360.com/?ig

And I'm redirected to here:

https://www.liv360.com/

Posted Wed Oct 28 2015 6:48p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!