Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Split testing numbers don't seem right

I've been using the split testing feature quite a bit lately with Clicky and the numbers don't make much sense to me. Was wondering if anyone could shed light.

Yesterday for the entire day I constrained it to 1 single test (not an A/B test), so I would expect to see consistent numbers.

Yesterday I had 793 visitors, 699 were unique, and had 665 goals. My goal is not a sale, so my conversion rate isn't as unbelievable as it sounds. Still, it is incredibly high at 99%. If I were to use the "visitors" value instead, my conversion rate is still 83%. What's the difference between uniques and visitors? I feel like uniques is a way better number to trust.

BUT NOW,

When I go to goals -> split tests, the numbers look weird. It shows I had 652 visitors for 531 goals. This test was run for 100% of the day yesterday, from Midnight to Midnight, so I'd expect my split testing stats to say 793 visitors (or preferably 699 uniques) and 665 goals.

Thanks

Posted Thu Nov 19 2015 5:50a by penaucs***

correction, my conversion rate off 665 goals from 699 unique visitors is 95%, not 99%. Not important but I figured I'd point it out before someone asks.

Posted Thu Nov 19 2015 8:18a by penaucs***

You must be logged in to your account to post!