Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

How do I...

How can I get what peak and low times are for day, week, month etc?
ie. 1am is usually the lowest
or Wendesday is the lowest with friday being highest
etc.

can't seem to glean that information.

Posted Fri Feb 19 2016 12:28p by icg***

hi icga,

you can get at this indirectly in the dashboard view.

to find what your hourly profile is for a day, look at the graph in the top right part of the dashboard. The default report will be today vs yesterday. Click on "today vs yesterday" and you will find a pull down menu with some options you can use to profile your average day (i.e. today vs same day of week average, today vs weekday average, today vs weekend average). By selecting one of these options, clicky will plot the selected option, and you can eyeball the graph to pick out the peak and low hours of the day (mouse over a point on the line and the number will be displayed for that data point).

to find peak and low days of the week, use the same pull down menu and select one of the longer options (i.e. last 28, 60, 90, 180, or 365 days). Then you have to mouse over the peaks and lows to identify the date. Once you have the dates you can determine days of the week, month, etc. This is a bit cumbersome but it will work.

For more rigorous analysis I like to download the data into a spreadsheet like excel. You can get a lot of good info on the Visitor Log page downloaded as a CSV or XML file. The CSV is self explanatory. The XML format can be opened in excel to build a nicely formatted table. In either case if you are handy with spreadsheets, you can enter your own formulas to accomplish the desired analysis of peak and low values from the downloaded data.

hth

Posted Tue Mar 15 2016 10:14p by edyod***

THanks!

What I ended up doing is using the API with type=visitors&hourly=1 and sending to my account on keen.io.

http://i.imgur.com/A0Ivuhg.png

Posted Wed Mar 16 2016 7:53a by icg***

icga,

very cool. thanks for sharing what you did.

Posted Wed Mar 16 2016 7p by edyod***

You must be logged in to your account to post!