Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

General quality of Clicky support?

Hi, I just upgraded to a the pro account then suddenly my Clicky website stopped receiving/reporting any visitors, content, etc. I didn't change anything other than the plan.

I sent an email to [email protected] and it's been several hours and I've received no confirmation that they've even seen my issue.

How have others found the support on Clicky? Do they get back to you within a reasonable amount of time with at least a confirmation (e.g. within an hour or so?)

Or maybe I just got the wrong email address.

Posted Tue Mar 22 2016 12:40p by gar1***

They usually respond within a day but there is no confirmation read or ticket system. You've got the right email address.

Posted Tue Mar 22 2016 5:06p by rhoekm***

They're good at responding.

Regarding your issue, have you double checked your tracking code?

Posted Wed Mar 23 2016 4:52a by ringo***

I wish they'd make it a priority to respond to these forum posts.

By doing so:

* They'd make it publicly obvious they have good support.

* They'd presumably build up a public knowledge base which would make their support burden easier.

Posted Wed Mar 23 2016 9:58p by MagicM***

The problem was simple but quite surprising - they don't track visitors who are also logged into their console. So in the very act of testing my config I wasn't able to see traffic. This is pretty glaring problem for sites with no traffic as it otherwise appears that the config is, or something else, is broken.

The recommended solution here was to use Incognito mode to avoid cookies. A nice hack but overall a frustrating starting experience - especially considering it's a paid product.

I don't know if they read these forum posts, but a suggestion to Clicky - invest a nominal amount of time and money in a proper customer support management system like Zen desk. At a minimum it will send out an auto confirmation to let (paying) customers know there even is a support system in place. That alone would avoid embarrassing public threads like these.

Posted Thu Mar 24 2016 7:35a by gar1***

Garit,

Welcome to Clicky! You will be very happy here.

1. Not tracking your own traffic is a HUGE feature. You want this feature, trust me. You don't want your own logs polluted with your own hits. You can easily test your own hits by just using another browser.

2. Clicky's support is extraordinary and they would never lower themselves to using a horrible program like ZenDesk. Here is a post that shows how committed they are:

https://clicky.com/blog/219/how-we-use-gmail-as-a-help-desk

3. Clicky does clearly state on the page where you posted, in HUGE RED ALERT TEXT -- "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!!! If you need a guaranteed and timely reply from the Clicky team, please email us."

Posted Fri Mar 25 2016 12:36p by gladiu***

That HUGE feature that I allegedly want so much cost me a half hour of pointlessly troubleshooting my configuration. You could at least attempt to make clearer that this great feature filters out the very traffic I'd use to test my setup.

I'd go further and make this HUGE feature that I never needed before and frankly don't care about optional.

As to point 3, I posted here originally because I had sent an email and didn't hear anything for a few hours and seriously wondered if the email was wrong. Someone got back to me five hours later.

I agree about Zen desk - it's a painful app to use (I'm very familiar with it) but at minimum it lets you know a ticket was opened. I don't mind waiting for help if I actually know someone's received my request. If you don't like Zen desk, how about a trivial auto-responder?

I think you may be bit over confident in how amazing you are.

Nonetheless I look forward to a great service. The folks here have been very helpful.

Posted Fri Mar 25 2016 12:52p by gar1***

Every now and then, I have the urge to get back into the software business. Then I read posts like this and I come to my senses.

Posted Fri Mar 25 2016 8:52p by cringwa***

I believe the automated email we send out when someone registers a new account includes a note that your own traffic is automatically ignored. It's also in our knowledgebase in several places, most notably here:

https://clicky.com/help/faq/tips/different

Just to clarify, "gladius9" is a fellow customer, he doesn't work for us (although I agree with everything s/he said). I say this because, gar1t, your reply sounded like you thought they did. When someone from Clicky posts here, you'll see their name in red, like mine is below.

However, I do also agree that this feature could cause frustration to those who aren't aware of it and are in testing phase. We try to make "cool" features that are incredibly useful and on by default (such as auto-ignoring yourself, and auto-ignoring bots), but people are so used to crappy web analytics software that to new customers, it may seem like Clicky is broken, when in fact it's not. It's just different.

Posted Mon Mar 28 2016 11:09a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

I understand - I made a mistake there. Thanks for clarifying this was not a representative of Clicky.

My salty reply may have been off putting to some, but I was under the impression this was a case of a vendor lecturing me about what features I really want. My apologies.

Posted Tue Mar 29 2016 11:02a by gar1***

Of the last 3 support requests I've sent to that email, only 1 even got a reply.

Clicky is a great product, I've used it for years and gotten others to sign up for it - but the support is terrible.

Posted Fri Apr 15 2016 6:03p by 109digi***

@leglinc, I searched our inbox for your registered email and only see one email. The others may have hit our spam filter but gmail only keeps spam for 30 days so I can't know for sure, but that's my best guess.

Every single support request that hits our inbox gets a reply, and almost always the same day unless it's the weekend or it comes in after 7pm or so.

Posted Sat Apr 16 2016 10:56a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!