Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Clicky login page cookie not setting

As of a couple days ago, every time I come back to Clicky, it's making me log in. Even with the "remember me" box checked. It's never done this before. I've cleared all cookies, tried it again. It still won't keep me logged in. Any fix for this? Thanks.

Posted Sun May 15 2016 5:54p by par4med***

I've got the same issue.

Posted Tue May 17 2016 2:36a by jwhite8***

I had a customer email a few days ago with this issue, but it was only happening on their iPhone. They were testing the mobile site, not the full one, but the cookie system works the same in both.

No code has been updated on our end since May 6. The only thing that changed between then and now is we installed a newer version of Linux on our load balancers. But I can't image how that would be impacting the login cookie because the configuration of the load balancer software (nginx) is exactly the same as it was before. But this change did happen over the weekend, so, "a couple days ago".

What browser you guys using? Either one of you on an iPhone? Have you tried on another device / browser?

Posted Tue May 17 2016 7:57a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

I'm using Chrome on a windows desktop but it seems to be ok this morning.

Posted Wed May 18 2016 2:31a by jwhite8***

I've only noticed it on the current version of Chrome. I haven't tested it on any other browser or mobile.

Posted Wed May 18 2016 10:55a by par4med***

I just checked it on IE and it seems to work fine if I log in then close and re-open a tab. It still has me logged in. Wonder if it's just a strange Chrome issue?

Posted Wed May 18 2016 10:58a by par4med***

Hmmmm.

Either of you using any privacy software like Ghostery? Or anything that automatically blocks/deletes cookies?

Posted Wed May 18 2016 11:40a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Not me. It's just strange because it only started happening a few days ago. Before that, it kept me logged in all the time. It's not a huge deal to have to log in each time, but figured you guys might want to know if others were seeing it as well.

Posted Wed May 18 2016 12:47p by par4med***

I use Chrome as my main browser and no issues here. I typically stay logged into Clicky most of the time but I still do manual log outs and have to log back in by typing user/pass at least a few times a week. But otherwise I always have the "remember me" option checked and my cookie stays set.

Make sure you haven't blacklisted our cookies in your privacy settings.

Posted Wed May 18 2016 1:26p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!