Clicky did not log a visitor that I know went to my web site
Here are some common reasons why a visitor may not show up in your visitor log:
- The visitor is you! We automatically filter out your own visits to your web sites.
- The visitor is a spam referrer bot - these are bots whose sole purpose is to leave spammy referrers in your logs that you then click and visit their crappy site, and we aggressively filters these. When customers notify us of new ones, we add them to our blacklist immediately. As far as we know, no other service blocks spam like we do. See here and here for more info on malicious bots. (These kind of bots cannot be un-blocked)
- The visitor is another kind of bot (crawler, etc). They get blocked by default too, but there is an option to enable bot logging.
- They are using a tracking blocker or other "privacy" software, such as Ghostery or Ad-block
- They are proxying through a data center such as Amazon Web Services. We filter out visitors from data center IPs as much as possible because they are usually bots.
- Their firewall blocked our tracking servers
- Their browser is not sending a proper referrer
- They have a slow connection and didn't have time to download and execute our tracking code before moving on
- They matched one of your IP or other kinds of filters, and hence were not logged