Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

How to Install Clicky Analytics Properly?

I just want to know if my clicky analytics reports are accurate.

If not, how to install clicky properly? Which one should I use?? "Tracking code", "Asynchronous tracking code", or "Non-Javascript tracking code"

Should I include all the html tags provided by clicky?? or Should I include only the script and noscipt tags??

Visitors = 9615
Unique visitors = 2245
New visitors = 1360

This was my Clicky report (Yesterday).
As far as I know, "New Visitors" are new visitors that visit my website...and "Unique visitors" are the combination of Returning visitors and New visitors... I don't understand why it shows "Visitors = 9615" if I only have 2245 Unique Visitors? Please explain it to me clearly.

Sorry for my bad English. Thank you in advance.

Posted Mon Jan 6 2014 12:33p by jayjay2***

Hard to tell if your reports are accurate, they should be IF you installed ONE of the scripts on EACH page that you want to track. Only you, or someone else familiar with your site, can decide which tracking script functions performance wise best suits your website. The normal tracking code can be used on most websites with not a lot of javascript and load rather fast, you should place this just above the end body tag (as Clicky describes). The asynchronous script will not affect the loading of your site in any way, shape, or form, this is best if you have a lot of JS or other items that require unique loading times. The non-JS script, is designed for 3-rd party websites that don't allow Javascript that still allows you to do some tracking, don't use this on your website as it does not do all tracking you'll want. (All this taken from the tracking code page BTW, Clicky usually explains everything very well on page ;) )

As far as terminology, "Visitors" are the total of Unique AND Returning visitors to your website for period, "Unique Visitors" are total number of unique people (or "individual people") that came to your website, "New Visitors" are those who haven't been to your website in x amount of time (forget what Clicky's is, sorry).

If you are unfamiliar with Analytics tools I would suggest reading through Clicky's FAQ and doing some research overall on how to get the best benefits of such a tool.

Posted Mon Jan 6 2014 5:32p by ringo***

You must be logged in to your account to post!