Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Does Clicky count visitors that hit a 403 error? (I would like to do this)

Hi,

I've got a particular visitor I'd like to block. I've tagged their UID so I can easily see them in my visits and I've set up a deny rule in my htaccess file to block the IP address they use.

Thing is, I saw two hits from this named visitor today - usually it's more like 10, but still, I had expected to never see them again, at least until they got themselves a different IP address to visit from. But these two hits that came after I set up the htaccess to deny them appear to be from the same IP address that I denied.

So I was wondering, does Clicky still count a 403 as a visit? That's fine if it does. I just didn't think it would, and I'm not sure if my htaccess has worked or not.

Posted Sun Jan 12 2014 7:51a by owen***

The common way for Clicky to track is by a Javascript tracking code on-page so if you have it on your custom 403 page, then it'll track the user. If not and you're not using a service like Cloudflare that will implement it on each page automatically, then they might be accessing the page. I would investigate what page they are accessing and verify.

Posted Sun Jan 12 2014 11:08a by ringo***

Thanks ringo.

Posted Wed Jan 15 2014 1:11a by owen***

You must be logged in to your account to post!