Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Where do I find my UID?

Okay, I give up, where / how do I find my UID?

Posted Tue Apr 1 2014 9:13a by Octan***

A little confused by the request, could you add more context? Do you mean site id?

In terms of the Clicky API, an UID is an "Unique Identifier" for visitor tags/logging is the IP or something you created to log the visitor. You can see your tags under your site preferences -> visitor tags & filters.

Posted Tue Apr 1 2014 12:47p by ringo***

I'm trying to filter myself out under "Visitor tags & filters", but I have a dynamic IP address, so the UID appears to be the better option, but it doesn't explain where I get a UID from.

Posted Tue Apr 1 2014 1:58p by Octan***

If you've got a dynamic IP then the best way to go is to use the Clicky cookie, that way EVERYTHING you do isn't recorded in Clicky and you don't have to worry about filtering yourself out (as you already are). This cookie is set by default in the browser you log in with Clicky, you can set it in other browsers that you use as well.

My understanding of the UID is it is a codename to the IP so if you're IP is dynamic, using that is not helpful either. Though I could be wrong about the UID. None-the-less, making sure the cookie is set above is the best way as you won't have to worry about yourself being logged no matter your IP.

Posted Thu Apr 3 2014 8:02a by ringo***

I understand what you're saying, but I'm being asked to enter a value which I don't have. So if it's not a UID, what value do I use for the cookie?

Posted Thu Apr 3 2014 8:24a by Octan***

Where/why are you being asked for this value? If you're using the cookie, you won't need to do this.

Posted Thu Apr 3 2014 11:06a by ringo***

[Site] - Preferences - Visitor tags & filters. At present, I'm showing up in the statistics for every site I have.

Posted Fri Apr 4 2014 1:31a by Octan***

You must be logged in to your account to post!