Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Dynamic Goal Not Working

I have copied the snippet for a Dynamic Goal from the Clicky/Goal/Setup page and put it into my Order Completed page. I have changed name: 'Signed up for newsletter' to name: 'Order Completed' and added the standard Clicky tracking snippet after this.

So I am now expecting to see a Goal called Order Completed recorded on the Click/Goals page every time someone loads the Order Completed page.

But the static goal that I created to track my Basket is working but there is no goal showing called Order Completed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Chris

Posted Mon Jun 23 2014 7:36a by cbjro***

An example of the Order Completed page can be seen at: https://www.displaycentre.co.uk/checkout/OrderCompleted.aspx?orderid=1c07b6a4-c5eb-426b-bf14-3db735d30049&display=1

Posted Mon Jun 23 2014 7:50a by cbjro***

Looking at the four lines of custom goal tracking code from your website below...

[script type="text/javascript"]
var clicky_custom = {};
var clicky_custom.goal = { name: 'Order Complete'};
[/noscript]

I think the [/noscript] tag wants to be a [/script] tag.

There are two other differences between your code and the clicky goal code in the goal setup example provided by clicky, but I'm not sure they matter. I think the script tag error is probably the culprit here.

Try changing that and see if something good happens.

(note: [ and ] are to prevent the forum software from interpreting these as html tags)

Posted Mon Jun 23 2014 4p by edyod***

Thanks for the pointers.

I have changed the [/noscript] tag to a [/script] tag. If I remove the [script type="text/javascript"] then the tracking code appears as text on my webpage.
I have tried replacing [script type="text/javascript"] with an opening script tag [script] but this Dynamic Goal is still not working. My static goals are fine.

I am running this on my development website and the modified Order Complete page can be seen at: https://displaycentre.activitysoftwaresolutions.com/checkout/OrderCompleted.aspx?orderid=1c07b6a4-c5eb-426b-bf14-3db735d30049&display=1

Just to check, a Dynamic Goal does not require anything in Goal/Setup? Just the java on the page.

Thanks

Chris

Posted Tue Jun 24 2014 3:57a by cbjro***

You must be logged in to your account to post!