Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Reset views?

I was testing the my website and I've wanted to reset so I can refresh all of the views, but I can't seem to find a button for that.

I'm running a special test to see how long people are on there and while debugging it I skewed the results.

Any help? Thanks.

Posted Mon Jun 30 2014 4:50p by codinga***

I had a similar question a while back about heat maps, wanting to reset the data after a site design change.

There wasn't a way to reset the data, and yet the practical solution was actually very simple... limit the dates in your reports to only display the time after your testing was concluded. This way all you will see is the actual visitor data not skewed by your testing activities.

Similarly if you want to compare before and after performance when you make a change, generate separate before and after reports limiting the dates for the two reports to see how the website performed before and after the change.

For trend reports, you might need to use filters to mask out your own IP address in order to see a historical trend report unspoiled by your testing activities. (PS did you know that you can also set Clicky up to automatically and permanently ignore your own IP address all the time and this way it won't even collect data from your own visits and testing activities). Besides on a historical trend type of report, if you don't filter out the unusual activity, the spike in the report data on a certain date will serve to visually separate the before and after periods for you.

Bottom line is I have not found a way to reset clicky data -- it seems that actuals are actuals and you can't rewrite history. This doesn't impact reporting as much as I thought it would since I can tell Clicky what data to ignore when generating reports.

Posted Tue Jul 1 2014 2:08a by edyod***

Oops, spoke too broadly about filters. I don't know how to specify a negative filter on a report (i.e. ignore some selected data based on a specified criteria).

So it's down to date selection on reports, and setting Clicky to ignore your own data during collection to avoid you yourself impacting your site's Clicky data in the future.

sorry for any confusion.

Posted Tue Jul 1 2014 2:23a by edyod***

As far as my knowledge it is not possible to "delete" visitor data from Clicky.

Posted Tue Jul 1 2014 4:55a by ringo***

You must be logged in to your account to post!