Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

clicky heatmap realtime?

Hi,.

I"m wondering if clicky heatmap is realtime? Because it's not appearing on my dashboards.

Posted Fri Jul 11 2014 12:48a by lfbizp***

lfbizpub,

two point to consider on this...

1. it could take up to 2 hours after you enable heat maps before it starts logging them.

(this was mentioned on a comment by Sean (Clicky) Oct 15 2012 11:43am under
blog article http://clicky.com/blog/304/heatmaps)

2. no heat map tracking will occur until you specify the site page width in site prefs.

(mentioned in same article)

Once those two are satisfied, I believe the heatmap reporting is near-real time (i.e. as soon as it is captured in clicky database, it will show up on your reports).

Posted Sat Jul 12 2014 9:01a by edyod***

p.s. after i posted my earlier response, I pulled up my own dashboard and viewed a heat map that was only 3 minutes old, so that confirms that once properly enabled, Clicky is capturing heat map data and reporting it in real time.

Posted Sat Jul 12 2014 9:05a by edyod***

i still can't see the heat map thing. can you please view my account. i though i sent you my user & pass via email. thank you.!!

Posted Sun Jul 13 2014 8:02p by lfbizp***

sorry you still can't see the heat maps.

I have a dumb question about something that is not intuitive ... are you looking only on your dashboard for heat maps?

The reason I ask is that I don't believe the heatmap icons show up on the dashboard display. There are content page-specific line items on the dashboard, but I don't recall seeing heat map icons on the dashboard page.

There are three places where I generally see heat map icons:

1. Visitors report

On the Visitors report, a heat map icon along side a visitor means that some of the pages in that visitor's session have heat map data. The little icon on the Visitors report is not a link, just a flag in this case because it could be flagging the existence of several heat maps. All you know at this level is that a certain visitor hit one or more pages during his/her visit that have heat map data available.

In order to see the heat maps from the Visitors report, you have to click on the link to the Actions that the visitor took, and then you will see each page they visited. If there was a heat map icon on the visitors report for this visitor, then one or more of the pages this person visited will have a heatmap icon next to it. These will be the clickable icons that bring up the heat map.

Remember that heat map data is captured for a specific page of content. So you have to be looking at a line item that represents a page of content in order for the heat map icon to be a live clickable link.

That's why on the visitors report the heat map icons are not clickable. Each line on the visitors report represents a user who visited several pages. If one of the pages that person visited has heat map data, then you will see a clickable icon on the actions report, but again you have to drill down to the actions report in order to see line items that represent specific pages where the heat map icons will be clickable.

2. Content report

The next place you will see heat map icons is on the content report.

In this case each line item *does* represent a single page of content, and you will find that heat map icons on this report are clickable to pull up the heat map for that specific page of content.

3. the On-site Analytics box that displays when you visit your own web site

This is a pretty cool place to view heatmaps because it has lots of options for time periods of heat map data to pull up.

When you see a heat map icon on the site analytics box when viewing your own web site, it means there is heat map data for that page. Click on the heat map icon and it will show you a heat map for today, plus the little box will expand to show you other selections for time period to view heat map data (e.g. yesterday, x days ago, last week, and then each month that has heat map data). Click on these to see how your heat maps looked for different collections of heat map data.

Hoping that the description above leads you to find your heatmap data and you don't have to go any further, but next step from here would be contact support directly.

I am happy to help as much as I can, but in the end I am just a clicky user like you, so I wouldn't be able to access anything you sent to the support email address.

If the additional discussion above doesn't lead you to find heat maps, then I think you are pursuing the right path next, which is contact clickly support and get one of the clicky guys involved. They can poke around places where we can't go, and advise you based on what's going on in your account.

good luck.

Posted Tue Jul 15 2014 2:31p by edyod***

You must be logged in to your account to post!