Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Goal tracking from page view

I want to track newsletter opt in's on clicky.

There is a onsubmit goal on the form on the page, but it is not very effective because we are tracking far fewer goals than actual compared to subscibers on the newsletter list management service (no other source of subscribers other than the form on the website).

I think perhaps the form gets processed and form confirmation page (offsite) loads which cancels communications with clicky.

So I want to put an additional goal on the confirmation page. A few issues below:

1) the form submits to aweber, and then aweber redirects to a confirmation message page on my site. Will getclicky count that as one visit or will the visit be broken in getclicky's eyes?

2) Can I leave a goal on the onsubmit button AND the success page without getclicky registering two goals for the user?

3) Will this code work? http://i.imgur.com/eClVMF5.png
it's basically the same code as from the clicky help pages. I intend to post this before the closing head tag (with the clicky code before closing body). I have deleted revenue from the code. WIll it work? or will I need to add revenue: "49.95" after the goal line?

Posted Tue Aug 5 2014 10:28a by bestkettle***

From what I read, I would suggest two independent options:

1) Add a JS delay so that the communication with Clicky succeeds prior to redirecting off to where your data gets posted to.

OR

2) Put a dynamic goal on your "Thank You" page that is on your site.

I would not suggest running them both at the same time as it might count as 2, I haven't tested this but seems logical. The visitor should run as one though as I think that session should stay concurrent for some variables (don't remember them but they are in the Clicky FAQ)

Posted Tue Aug 5 2014 1:19p by ringo***

Thanks, I put both goals in the site (on the onlick event and the success page), I'll test a few things around and see which method produces the most accurate tracking. Thanks

Posted Wed Aug 6 2014 5:49a by bestkettle***

You must be logged in to your account to post!