Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Different html for each sub page

Hi, I am looking to install individual tracking on 8 different sub pages (domain.com/subpage1, domain.com/subpage2, etc).

Each sub page has completely different HTML code, yet the main page (domain.com) has no HTML code it on it at all so I am unable to add a tracking to it.

Is this at all possible? or will I have to do this with a php placeholder?

Posted Wed Sep 10 2014 2:05a by conmic1***

conmic,

one thing you could do is add the tracking code to every page just before the /body tag.

another thing you could do is modify all of the pages so they pull in the tracking code from a common snippet file.

Either way you will have to modify all pages to either incorporate the tracking code or else incorporate a call to the tracking code from a common file location. With only 8 pages it's a toss up which way to go. You should be able to knock this out pretty quickly.

As for the main page, don't know what you mean by it doesn't have HTML code on it. If it is a page that someone can pull up in a web browser, then it must have some fundamental elements of HTML (i.e. head, /head, body, /body). Maybe I am missing something, can you say some more about this?

cheers,

Ed

Posted Wed Sep 10 2014 12:50p by edyod***

You must be logged in to your account to post!