Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Goals - Setup with Leadpages

I'm trying to setup my thankyou page (from leadpages) as a Goal for my website.

I added my personal leadpages domain to the mirror (bghllc.leadpages.net).

I've then tried a number of different things - but none of them work:

1.) putting the tracking code into the leadpage in the header
2.) putting the tracking code into the leadpage in the footer
3.) putting the tracking code into the header AND putting js to specify a manual goal in the footer (and setup goal as manual in clicky)
4.) setup goal in clicky to go to the url of the page, putting in both the full url and just partial

I cannot figure this out, and it really shouldn't be this hard. I just need to track loading the thankyou page as the goal.

Can anyone please help?

Posted Wed Dec 3 2014 3:10p by bghou***

The clicky tracking code has to be on the page that people are landing on.

If that isn't the issue, then it could be that you defined your Clicky goal to be dependent on having to visit other pages first, but they are not being visited. Just a thought.

Posted Wed Dec 3 2014 9:43p by gladiu***

The clicky tracking code IS on the landing page.

How would I have accidentally defined the goal to require another page? I did not setup a funnel on the goal.

Posted Thu Dec 4 2014 8:13a by bghou***

RESOLVED - if anyone else is looking for this type of setup. I *removed* the entry from the mirror in my preferences and it immediately started working. There is another thread up here saying you had to make the external site part of the mirror list. But for me, this didn't work at all. Removing that entry, and then just putting the full url as the Goal worked perfectly.

Leadpages lets you add the tracking code on any page, so just enter your normal clicky tracking code and save.

Posted Thu Dec 4 2014 9:02a by bghou***

NOT RESOLVED - Well, I give up. I removed the mirror and it seemed to be working, but then stopped until I re-added it. So now I have leadpages as a mirror, and the two goals I setup yesterday work. I just tried to set a 3rd goal, and it took sometime before it worked - almost 20 minutes.

So maybe there is just some strange delay one these or something?

Posted Thu Dec 4 2014 11:42a by bghou***

admin? i think we need an answer to this

Posted Tue Dec 23 2014 2:36p by HarryPot***

When you update the mirrors it can take up to an hour to take effect. So it probably had just taken effect right when you decided to delete it, so it was working for a bit, but then the deletion took effect so it stopped working then. So if it's still broken then just add back the mirror and give it an hour or two.

If you need a guaranteed reply from a Clicky employee, make sure to email us instead of just posting int he forums!

Posted Sat Dec 27 2014 2:03p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!