Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Is it possible to ignore/separate traffic based on an event?

Hi Clicky experts,

I really need help as I'm considering moving from Google Analytics.

I have a web service where my sales page aswell as the product itself uses the same domain. I want to separate my sales traffic from my customers traffic.

Is it possible to trigger an event when a visitor clicks my login button, and afterwards separating or ignoring visitors based on that event. So that I can get all the data of potential customers instead of cluttering my data with existing customers data.

I hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance.

Mathias

Posted Tue Dec 9 2014 1:11a by magger***

You could do this two ways, write something so that either the Clicky code does not display on your website for usergroup A or displays a different "site" in Clicky's tracking code so that you can still track your users. Alternatively use the Clicky api to pass users into it and use the visitor tags and filter option within Clicky (note the number of visitor tags you can add is limited on your package with Clicky). Either way you have some programming to figure out as there is nothing out of the box that will allow you do to this unless you know the users IPs.

Posted Tue Dec 9 2014 5:21a by ringo***

Thank you for your response!

I will look further into that. I'm not sure I made my question clear enough though. My main problem is that a lot of my users go to my site (smartplan.dk) just to press a login button which takes them to smartplan.dk/login/ - I'm interested in ignoring their session if they go to the login. So that they will not show in the clicky data at all. Cause they will ruin my bouncerate and conversionrate...

What do you think, does that make sense at all?

Thanks again for replying.

Posted Tue Dec 9 2014 5:27a by magger***

I used to do this. I have a service where people log in. I wanted to track the "outside" traffic (non-users) separately from my "inside" traffic (paying users).

I set up two different Clicky sites like ringo64 said. Then I made a footer file that would decide which clicky code to print.

// PHP CODE follows:
if ( isset($_COOKIE['userid']) { print PRIVATE_CODE; }
else { print PUBLIC_CODE; }
// end PHP code

After a while, though, I got tired of having 2 sites. I was unable to get the conversion tracking to work across the sites. In the end, I just combined the two back into the same site. ;)

Posted Tue Dec 9 2014 4:11p by gladiu***

Thank you for more input.

But how can you count on your bouncerate when a lot of your visits come just to login?

Thanks again for your input.

Posted Wed Dec 10 2014 12:48a by magger***

You must be logged in to your account to post!