Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Headmap lets Firefox "hang-up" (using Firefox 32.0 on Windows 8.1)

The headmap did work, for a couple of day's in Firefox. Great feature! But know the script doesn't come to an end and lets Firefox hang it self. I de-installed Firefox completely, did run a clean up of the Windows registry and reinstalled Firefox completly new.

Result: the problem is still there! :( :( :(

Did anyone also had the same problem and fixed it?

Danny Vermeeren

Posted Fri Jan 16 2015 4:09a by dannyverme***

Hi, since Firefox 30 there is an issue with the heatmaps. There is big update to the heatmap library that we use but we haven't had a chance to upgrade yet, since it's a major update there will be lots of testing necessary. Hope to get this done soon.

Posted Fri Jan 16 2015 12:29p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Thanks for the replay. Can I use in the mean time an other browser? In Google chrome I didn't find a similar plug-in.

When not do you now when the headmap will be available again, approximately.

By the way, I'm very pleased with Clicky, I tried to user Google analytics for a while and I find it not easy to use and the interpretation of the data is difficult. Now for the first time I find it really useful. Great job!

Posted Fri Jan 16 2015 1p by dannyverme***

Heatmaps work fine for me and i'm on Firefox 34 / Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Posted Fri Jan 16 2015 11:23p by svtlightnin***

Oh... nice, you're right, they work again. They didn't work from 30-33, I know for sure. I'm on 35 now an they work. Yay!

@dannyvermeeren, likely you're using a plugin such as Ghostery or Ad-block that's preventing our tracking code from executing on your own web page, which would prevent the heatmap from loading.

Posted Fri Jan 16 2015 11:26p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!