Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Can I see a graph of the time of the day the goal was achived?

Can I see a graph of the time of the day the goal was achived in the last 30 days.
This will help determine when is the best time that people convert.

Posted Wed Feb 16 2011 11:05p by omandl***

We only track hourly stats for a few types of data. Goals isn't currently one of them, however, I agree that it would probably be quite useful to add it to that.

Posted Fri Feb 18 2011 11:25a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Any word on how soon this will be implemented if at all?

Posted Fri May 27 2011 9:18a by viarexl***

I second this. Any idea when it will be implemented. Or for now do you have any tutorial creating it through the API for now?

Posted Thu Jun 2 2011 9:22p by stickynum***

I put this on our "near term" feature list.

Posted Thu Jun 2 2011 10:34p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

has this feature been implemented?

Posted Sat May 10 2014 4:55a by inspiredtoa***

inspiredtoaction,

I think you may be able to get something close to the info omandler was looking for from Clicky now. I don't know if it was always there or something new since 2011 when the question was originally asked, but check this out...

When you pull up the Goals page, there is a list of the goals you have defined. Click on one of the goals, and Clicky brings up the Goals report for that goal.

The default report shows today versus yesterday. Notice that it displays goals met by hour of the day spread over a 24 hour timeline. Now look at the pull down menu on the top right corner of the graph. That pull down menu is rich with reporting options.

Select any of the top several items and you get a comparison of Today versus [selected option] also broken out by hour of the day. The default is today versus yesterday, but you could also pick today versus 7 days ago, same day last year, same day of week average, weekday average or weekend average.

All of these reports display a graph of today versus the other on a 24 hour scale showing average goals reached per hour. Maybe I am missing something, but wouldn't today versus weekday or weekend average provide you with a useful picture of the average goals met by hour of the day in order to focus your conversion efforts on those hours?

Is the problem that this average period is too undefined to be useful, and you are looking to limit the report to only the last thirty days?

If that is the case, I would set up a new goal which precisely matches the old goal you are trying to track. It doesn't hurt to track them both simultaneously, just put tracking code in for both. By doing this, you ensure that there is no stale history data because this is a brand new goal. Now let it run for thirty days, and the reports described above will show you the average goals by hour of the day for the thirty day period.

Want to measure progress? Then create a new goal every thirty days, and change the secondary goal tracking code to capture the new goal each thirty days. Now you have a historical record of average goals achieved in 30 day increments which you can compare with each other over time to see how your improvement efforts are impacting goal achievement. (note that the stats on the previous 30-day increments will decay over time, as the average includes the time period after you stopped tracking the old goal. So take a snapshot at the end of each 30 day period if you want to save the data for comparison. Export to pdf will do a nice job of capturing the report.)

This takes a little bit of effort each month to create a new goal and update the tracking code to the new goal name, but it's not difficult or time consuming. Plus you only have to do it once a month. It might be well worth it if you really want to see the goal data captured and reported for average goals achieved by hour of the day per thirty day increment.

would that meet your requirement?

cheers

Ed

Posted Sat May 10 2014 8:27a by edyod***

You must be logged in to your account to post!