Forums » General discussion

Geo Location Info, MAC address, VPN's, Tunneling

Hi all, I've been looking into VPN's, VPS (Hide My Ass) and had a question about what my ISP can see and what info can make it through even if I'm tunneling.

I've done some research and found that even using HMA my MAC address is still sent to my ISP.

Does this compromise my anonymity? In let's say, setting up a new gmail account?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted Tue Dec 13 2011 11:25a by ChicagoSEOConsu***

Your ISP will know you have initiated a VPN tunnel, but as long as you verify the authenticity of the VPN endpoint (using a certificate) they will not be able to decrypt any of the data passed through.

Posted Wed Dec 14 2011 6:56a by xano***

Thanks Xanol.

Posted Tue Jan 3 2012 8:26p by ChicagoSEOConsu***

Not each VPN supplier offers services for a mackintosh software system. This can be why you've got to pay lots of your time observing every VPN. You will notice an honest VPN supplier, however if it doesn't provide a association to mackintosh package, then it's useless. The software system is simply totally different than the favored Windows package and needs to be connected otherwise to the VPN. Obtaining a Mac VPN can secure any of your net traffic and still give you all the services you'd get with the other laptop operational systems, however is ready up otherwise. This can be why finding the right VPN is such a challenge.

http://www.purevpn.com/vpn-service/mac-osx-leopard.php

Posted Wed Oct 10 2012 7:41a by ***

You must be logged in to your account to post!