Forums » General discussion

WTF Clicky!?!? What's with you spamming my sites?

I visit my sites and see that without my approval, you decide to spam all of my sites with your ugly tracking info in the corner of my sites. I can't believe you are pulling this trojan horse crap on me! Tell me how to remove this garbage immediately or I'll have to cancel my account.

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 12:54p by JDDun***

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 12:58p by anima***

JDDunn9, to interpret animag's response, I believe you are seeing data that only appears to you because you have the cookie accessed on your computer. That data is not visible to anyone else. In fact, I believe that is actually a premium service that many seek to have.

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 1:01p by Pavlack***

I had the same issue. Almost got rid of my developer because I thought be was doing something. But, yes, only I see the stat.

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 1:14p by jflande***

Ok good. They should really label that better.

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 1:15p by JDDun***

Read more here:

http://getclicky.com/blog/303/on-site-analytics

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 1:44p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Thanks for the good laugh!

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 1:54p by digitalbu***

I sent a more diplomatic email but was thinking exactly the same thing as you when I saw it on my sites lol!
Great feature though but i agree it would have saved them a few nasty emails had it been communicated better

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 2:15p by wyman1***

Only had a few "nasty" emails about this feature, however it was a good lesson - don't add shit to someone's web site without them knowing about it first. But yeah once most people realize that only they can see it (which is the core of the problem here), almost everyone agrees it's cool!

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 6:56p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

BTW the reason we made it on by default is because we wanted everyone to experience it immediately. If it was "opt in" then almost no existing users would see it, at least not for a few days. When we release new features, we get a few thousand visitors to our blog over the next couple of days (when we have a post explaining the feature) - which is cool, but that's still only a very small subset of the Clicky population.

But, for new users, it is opt-in. The registration page has a checkbox to enable it or not when they create their account, because we don't to scare off potentially new paying users.

Posted Mon Nov 5 2012 6:58p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

I think Clicky deserves an apology. If this guy was so bothered with his 2 hits a day account he would have been emailing them left right and center. Not trolling on forums. Douche bag.

Posted Tue Nov 6 2012 5:47a by gorgeouscou***

Screw you gorgeouscouture. I reacted perfectly reasonably for what seemed essentially to be a XSS attack and stolen ad revenue. Troll somewhere else.

Posted Tue Nov 6 2012 1:38p by JDDun***

Reacted exactly the same as OP when I first saw it.

Posted Wed Nov 7 2012 4:28a by ccinfopr***

hhahaha, sorry I do find this very very funny. Saw it the first time and was pretty amazed. Think it is such an amazing feature. However, there is one of my sites that doesn't show this. Is it because of asynchrony code?

Posted Wed Dec 12 2012 5:24a by droi***

You must be logged in to your account to post!