Forums » General discussion

What is kambasoft.com?

I'm beginning to see traffic from kambasoft.com in the analytic data from almost all my sites. It usually appears only once per day. Is this a bot?

Why does it show as a visitor if it is a bot?

Posted Mon Jul 21 2014 4:46p by kansascity***

Same here.

Posted Mon Jul 21 2014 7:30p by fenax***

How do we add websites on a blacklist....do we even have blacklists?

Posted Tue Jul 22 2014 1:57a by dream***

I'm getting it, too.

Posted Tue Jul 22 2014 3:27a by callmeri***

Is this showing as a referrer? Or the organizations?

Posted Wed Jul 23 2014 11:14a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

same here. fake traffic from them.
They are:
26.kamasoft.com
and recently musicas.kamasoft.com

Mumbai based
http://www.kamatsoft.com/

Posted Thu Jul 24 2014 6:15a by adami***

by the way, it shows as referrers

Posted Thu Jul 24 2014 6:16a by adami***

Same problem here.. with pretty much all my sites.

Posted Thu Jul 24 2014 9:07a by aukev***

This also is my question, been happening for awhile, shows as being from all over the world, as referring link--shows the "kambasoft" with my website name at the end. Previously I've clicked on it and it goes to some kind of advertising, first time it was for something like heating ducts in Poland, lately the links went to a "vancity" site that sells computers in Vancouver . . . . Perhaps simply "spam" . . . didn't check for cookie deposits . . . . What's in it for them if I don't have Clicky and don't get curious about it? Seems like it's growing in frequency, which is noticeable because I don't get a lot of traffic on my site.

e_e_p

Posted Fri Jul 25 2014 8:04a by e_e_p***

Will there be any updates or follow up on this thread? See again that kambasoft has "stopped by" my site . . . this time from Turkey . . . so obviously the kambasoft issue has not gone away . . . . Is there anything to do about it, or this is just like the water cooler?? Thanks for any updates.

e_e_p

Posted Thu Jul 31 2014 8:20a by e_e_p***

I got new one

youtube-downloader.savetubevideo.com

This is next "Referral" link I get from.

Posted Fri Aug 1 2014 11:15a by adami***

I too have been having trouble with kambasoft appearing in my analytics. It's linked to a number of domains, such as the "savetubevideo" one that's just been mentioned and along with a handful more.

I've put together a post on how to block these nuisance bots from accessing your website: http://www.dalerodgers.co.uk/block-semalt-referrer-spam/

Whatever you do, don't use the form on their website - it seems to subject you to further spam!

Posted Thu Aug 7 2014 9:29a by DaleRodg***

Thanks Dale,

I read your post and did exactly as you advised. Let`s see how it will work from now on.
By the way, I have never used their services, I have no idea who they are either.

Posted Mon Aug 18 2014 2:38a by adami***

To solve this 'problem' I blocked following IP's (Kambasoft en youtube-downloader.savetubevideo.com):

217.23.15.0-217.23.15.255
217.23.7.0-217.23.7.167

Both IP-ranges belong to:

role: WORLDSTREAM DBM
address: Industriestraat 24
address: 2671CT NAALDWIJK
address: The Netherlands
phone: +31174712117
e-mail: [email protected]
abuse-mailbox: [email protected]
admin-c: DV1495-RIPE
tech-c: DV1495-RIPE
nic-hdl: WS1670-RIPE
mnt-by: MNT-WORLDSTREAM
changed: [email protected] 20080515
source: RIPE

Posted Sun Aug 24 2014 3:37a by schild***

I get lots of visitors trying to copy my site. Is there a way I could blacklist and/or block their IP address or unique Id?

Posted Fri Jan 22 2016 1:20a by AnthonyL***

You must be logged in to your account to post!