Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Advertising visits appearing other categories

Hi

I run ads on Google and Facebook. Clicky is picking these up as paid ads as they are being annotated with the little green dollar note, however they are being allocated to Social Media, Direct, Links and a few other categories incorrectly.

These ads have been running for years however Clicky has just recently started allocating them incorrectly.

Any reason for this?

Thank you

Posted Thu Oct 29 2015 6:23p by thekewls***

I found the best way to get around this is to attach custom utm tracking wherever you post something on social platforms eg in a Facebook post/ad I would use:

?utm_campaign=cpc&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=image-1 (to hide this in a link you can also use a shorten the url with a bitly.)

You should decide what utm inputs would make sense for your business and use it across all channels to have the most accurate and effective ROI reporting on all your social campaigns.

Posted Thu Oct 29 2015 10p by droi***

I'm having the same issue of campaign traffic being allocated to the wrong categories, i.e. Links. All campaigns use the utm campaign tracking codes and have done so for the year-plus I've used Clicky. Looking at October traffic, there are more campaign visitors than there are visitors from Advertising. That doesn't add up.

Posted Thu Nov 5 2015 11:47a by milesme***

I just pushed some code to undo this change so everything with utm_campaign variables should be tagged as advertising now. Unfortunately this won't affect historical data. This change was live from Oct 17 through today.

Posted Fri Nov 6 2015 3:08p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!