Forums » Suggestions & Feature requests

Downtime Alert - Double check before notifying

I have the 5 minute interval downtime checking plan and I constantly get false notifications many times a day. They always end up saying its back up at the next check in 5 minutes and sometimes I'm literally double checking the email alert within seconds of receiving the email and the site is running fine. I setup a second downtime check on one of my domains and it never has these false downtime alerts but did catch a one time host downtime recently just as clicky did.

My feature suggestion is a double check or ability to set the number of downtime checks before it sends notification. For me on a 5 minute interval plan, if it came back as down, can it double check 1 minute later and if still down, send an alert? Or can I set it so it needs 2 downtimes in a row before alerting so I would find out 10 minutes in but at least it would be more accurate?

Maybe it is a cloudflare thing, but I think all my false positives are when wordpress does updates. The page load after doing a plugin update must be too slow or something else shows up for a split second before the page loads and my text can't be matched as part of the downtime check.

Posted Tue Jul 19 2022 7:54a by MtnXfreer***

I use uptimerobot.com along with Clicky and they correlate very well.

Posted Wed Jul 20 2022 4:40a by gladiu***

You must be logged in to your account to post!