Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Reverse proxy with AWS/Cloudfront

Hi everyone

I'm looking to set up the reverse proxy stuff with Cloudfront on AWS. Has anyone set up reverse proxy with a CDN? I'm pretty sure it's too much to hope for a blog post tutorial, but I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend any resources.

Thanks!

Greg

Posted Thu Apr 18 2024 7:24p by asyncacad***

I don't know how specifically to do it with Cloudfront, but since what I do know is that it is similar to Cloud*flare* in terms of sitting in front of your actual website and automatically optimizing network delivery and caches most requests, then it should be possible... as long as you make sure the beacon requests (that send tracking data to our servers) never get cached.

Every beacon our code sends includes a random string of characters on the end to help automatically cache-bust (by making sure the full URL of the beacon is unique every single time), and also returns "no-cache" headers, so that part *should* work out of the box, but accelerators can be configured to ignore those headers and always cache no matter what, but that's never the default, so just make sure those settings are normal.

So I would just try it and see how it works. The instructions include some test links to try out once you have installed the PHP files or updated your nginx or apache config, so make sure those work before deleting the old tracking code and installing the new proxy tracking code (the part that goes in your HTML).

Posted Fri Apr 19 2024 8:53a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!