Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

What is google.com/aclk?

I use PPC, sometimes I see Google.com/"keyword" but most of the time I see google.com/aclk.

What does the aclk mean and how can I tell what keywords they were searching on before they clicked my ad?

Thanks.

Kevin
www.HeartlandFlagpoles.com

Posted Thu Oct 14 2010 7:32p by heartlandf***

It's short for "ad click" I think, because it does come from paid searches. We are planning to add support for it in the future.

Posted Fri Oct 15 2010 12:33p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Hello Kevin and Friendly Clicky Admin,

One of the reasons I bought a premium account with Clicky is (perhaps was) that I am able to see who visits my website and what keywords are used to get there. Now more and more people get to my website with the aclk link as a referrer (yes I am using Adwords), so I can't figure out what keywords were used.

I understand that Google is trying to keep as much information to itself ($$), but I really hope you guys can fix this... It's really important information for everyone who does a little bit of on-line marketing.

Thanks.

Johan

Posted Sat Oct 16 2010 10:47a by justlit***

Yes it is fixable. The search query is in the referrer string. We will get it implemented in the near future.

Posted Sat Oct 16 2010 11:02a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

I would also appreciate it if you could support the paid clicks keyword trace feature as soon as possible. The problem occurred recently maximum 2 month ago. By the way except the keyword paid click problem getclicky is in my opinion the best Webanalytic-Software on the market. Keep on going guys.

Franco

Posted Sat Oct 16 2010 5:40p by analyticsba***

I'm also in need for this.

Posted Sun Oct 17 2010 7:28a by digital***

I need this also, hope you can get this resolved soon as we're losing all of our data, thanks Clicky.

Posted Tue Oct 19 2010 8:46a by ChicagoSEOConsu***

Yes I too would like this feature. it seems that 50% of my clicks from adwords have this in there and it looks very suspicious
to me. as most stay about 10 seconds on my site....please hurry

Posted Tue Oct 19 2010 10:16a by dosarre***

@dosarrest, I just posted a question regarding DSL visitors vs. broadband. I'm wondering if my page load times are to slow for DSL and people are bouncing because I'm getting a lot of 10 sec visitors as well.

Posted Tue Oct 19 2010 11:23a by ChicagoSEOConsu***

On google.com/aclk. I think you will find that it is from clicks, not on you AdWords ad but on a Google Map List of Businesses. IMPORTANT, IF you select NO on the option to show your add if the user clicks on your Map reference - you may get billed for the Ad display even though you shouldn't. I was.

Posted Wed Oct 20 2010 11:55a by aces4hi***

We also need this! Please let us know as soon as the feature is available.

Posted Thu Oct 21 2010 11:48a by processwe***

We will be adding this! Patience :)

Posted Thu Oct 21 2010 1:08p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Good news peeps.

http://getclicky.com/blog/237/google-ad-clicks-and-ajax-searches

Posted Wed Oct 27 2010 4:17p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

You must be logged in to your account to post!