Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Implications of using Google Analytics and Clicky at the same time

Are there any known issues with running both Google Analytics and clicky on the same page? For example, are there any statistical implications, such as tracking overlap perhaps that lead to skewed data?

At the moment, I use Google Analytics for its long-term analysis tools, and clicky for real-time, up-to-the-second tracking. Both are the async scripts. Ideally I would love to keep both, but my website is becoming quite slow due to all the content on it so I am wondering if it may be worth dropping one, or will that not improve the situation by much at all?

Does anyone else use both? Does using clicky alongside Google Analytics slow the page loading speed down significantly (i.e. few seconds)? I don't want to take any of the scripts off on my own site at the moment, just because I need to track the data for advertising purposes. So if anyone has any experience in this, would be much appreciated.

Posted Fri Feb 4 2011 4:10a by TUAIRTRA***

I run both GA en GC and don't see any impact on site speed. I check google webmastertools regularly to see how site speed is doing to make sure everything runs as smooth as possible.

Posted Fri Feb 4 2011 4:48a by martij***

I use both.

I actually had Site Meter also at one point.

For certain drill-down stuff you need Google Analytics.

Posted Fri Feb 4 2011 9:11a by mark***

I have consistently used both in commercial deployments for the past 10 months with no significant implications on site speed or response times. I would recommend using GA, Clicky, and a server-log based tool side-by-side-by-side for a complete picture.

Posted Fri Feb 4 2011 9:30a by ***

They shouldn't have much impact, especially if you are using the async code. Lots of our customers use GA alongside Clicky with no complaints.

Posted Fri Feb 4 2011 10:28a by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Finally, I found the answer, so I will use both :)

But, since this was posted in 2011, is there any update for this question?

Posted Wed Sep 2 2015 11:46p by manboo***

You must be logged in to your account to post!