Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

Split Testing Numbers Seem Off

So we are running a sitewide test on every page. So every visitor is seeing the test. However clicky only records about half of the visitors as seeing the tests.

Also we have a server side count of how many times a page is being called by unique IPs for one of our goals. It's noting around twice as many hits and my filtering doesn't recognize them as bots but real goals. So what are your thoughts on either how to fix or implement differently.

Posted Sun May 1 2011 3:29p by jbirdd***

You can't compare us vs a backend log. The results will always be way different. The only comparison I can accept is if you are running another hosted service like Google or Statcounter. You don't have to be running split tests with them, I just mean in terms of page view counts for certain pages.

Posted Mon May 2 2011 1:20p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Ok but forget the backend log.

You tell me in the dashboard I've had 1000 visitors for 7 days.

Every one of my pages shows 1 split test or the other. They are split in a way that adds up to 100%. So there should be around 1000 visitors noted on the split test page.

However there are only 350 split tests noted. It seems like they are missing 650 people who are hitting the split tests.

Why is this happening?

Posted Wed Jun 1 2011 1:51p by jbirdd***

Ok, thanks. I've had a few other strange reports for split testing recently. So it's on our high priority bug list.

Posted Wed Jun 1 2011 3:56p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

Was there a resolution to this problem?

I'm seeing similar behavior I can't figure out - a page has a split test running (so users have to get marked via the clicky_custom.split as either 'Original' or 'Version 2'), but the total visitors to the page is 245, while the number who have done the split test is only 35...The 35 seem to be getting correctly split and tracked, but I have no idea why the other 210 visitors aren't being put in the split test

Posted Thu Mar 31 2016 4:26p by yoder***

You must be logged in to your account to post!